OverviewRelive the glory of Ancient Rome with us on a guided visit to Ostia Antica! Visit this once lively harbor town founded in the 4th century BC. Ancient Ostia is commonly referred to as The Better Pompeii due to the astonishing preservation of its buildings. You will stroll through ancient taverns, baths, apartments, groceries and theatres and their present condition so strikingly exceeds that of the Roman Forum, Imperial Forum and Pompeii, that it seems a misnomer to call them ruins.
- Skip the line
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Ancient Ostia is commonly referred to as “The Better Pompeii” due to the astonishing preservation of its buildings. You will stroll through ancient taverns, baths, apartments, groceries and theatres and their present condition so strikingly exceeds that of the Roman Forum, Imperial Forum and Pompeii, that it seems a misnomer to call them ‘ruins’.
Here it’s easy to let your imagination fly and feel like you’ve been transported back in time in this once bustling Roman harbor town the isolated ruins reveal no sign of the modern world so you’ll have a truly authentic experience! Walk the main street, the Decumanus Maximus, while your tour guide regales you with fascinating stories of the past. The Roman statues lining the walkways are in such perfect condition you’ll feel as though you are walking amongst the ancient Romans themselves! You’ll even be enticed to take a dip in the Baths of Neptune, which are crowned by an impressively intact mosaic of the sea god being drawn by a four horse chariot.
And if you are a theatre fan, you will be astounded by Ancient Ostia’s amphitheatre take your place in the stands as 3,500 ancient Roman spectators once did back in 12 BC when it was first constructed. Then feel free to relax for a moment with a friend on the communal forica or toilettes just as the Romans did! Don’t miss the chance to experience the “Better Pompeii”, the tour of Ancient Ostia, a Roman experience.
Inclusions for Relive The Ancient Ostia: Half-Day Tour From Rome
- Visit to the archaeological site of Ancient Ostia
- Admission ticket Ancient Ostia
- 3 hours professional local guide
- Small group tour max 12 people
- Transportation in a minivan with air-conditioned
Exclusions for Relive The Ancient Ostia: Half-Day Tour From Rome
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.