Renaissance Neighborhood In Central Paris Private Tour: Le Marais
OverviewThe centrally located historic district known as the Marais is the favorite hang-out of many Parisians, who enjoy small streets and old façades and at the same time maintain fashionable and intellectual tastes. Our local guide will give you access to this atmosphere and reveal the secrets of this most Parisian part of Paris, on this private 2-hour walking tour.
- Experience Paris like a local on this private tour tailored just for you
- Discover one of the most charming and historical areas of the city
- An expert local guide ensures you don’t miss any of the secrets of the beautiful Marais
Know More about this tour
The Marais district has so much to offer locals and tourists alike that it could function as a city holiday destination in its own right! Historic mansions and squares over 400 years old, high fashion and design boutiques, museums and contemporary art galleries and a wide selection of quality restaurants combine to tempt visitors to spend hours in the neighborhood. Joining a private tour will allow you to visit at your own pace and see the scenery from a local’s perspective.
In the 1860s, much of Old Paris was torn down under Napoleon III, who was eager to replace the congested medieval alleys and narrow houses with the wide avenues and imposing façades we recognize around the city today. The Second Empire collapsed before that policy could be extended to the Marais district, so this neighborhood preserves some of the feel of centuries past. Your guide can show you through winding streets opening into elegant squares lined with stately mansions in what is still today one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Paris. You’ll hear about the centuries-old history of the neighborhood featuring tales of jousting, romance, treason and revolution, as you stroll through the Place des Vosges, Europe’s oldest royal square. The medieval Hotel de Sens contrasts with the baroque St. Paul’s, and every street is lined with café terraces populated at all hours and in all weather. The Jewish Quarter in Paris is here as well, with a vibrant and inspiring history, and the best falafel in the city. Add great writers, and innovative pastry chefs... what more could you need?
Cutting-edge and classic, evolving and eternal, the Marais invites you to wander in become one of the locals. Your engaging guide will give you the keys to the neighborhood.
Inclusions for Renaissance Neighborhood In Central Paris Private Tour: Le Marais
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for Renaissance Neighborhood In Central Paris Private Tour: Le Marais
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Day Trip to Fontainebleau and Barbizon with Private Driver and Guide
- Paris Walking Tour: Christmas Food and Decorations
- Private Arrival Transfer from Paris Beauvais Till airport to City Center
- Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Coach Transfer
- Mobile Wifi Everywhere in Paris
- Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris