The Shinsekai district is unique there is nothing really like it anywhere else in Japan. The neighborhood dates back to early 1900s and grew in popularity through the post war Showa era until the 1960s. An exploration in this colorful neighborhood really is very Local-Osaka. Though people visit from across Japan and around the world, this area is still very much a locals spot- with many shops, restaurants and gaming parlors catering to the everyday laborers who live nearby. this retro-district is full of inexpensive local dining and entertainment options. Take a stroll with our local expert and we will show you the hidden gems and explain the colorful past history of Shinsekai through the years. You will get to try 6 different local dishes at 5 different shops. Each item has a long history in the Osaka area.Shinsekai evokes the SHOWA era in Japan which was full of optimism, growth and communal sense of building a better future together. There is a lot of romance and nostalgia about this period in modern Japanese history. This vintage neighborhood brings back all the charm of the 1910s through the 1960s a boom period for Osaka City.
- Taste the true flavors of Osaka dating back to the early 1900s.
- 5 food stops where guests can try 6 different local food and drinks.
- Taste the real flavor of one of Osakas hidden specialties mixed juice at the cafe where it was invented.
- Find out how the locals enjoy shopping and entertainment in this vintage neighborhood
- This is a photographer and foodie dream neighborhood. You will love taking instagrammable photos here!
- If you come with one of our guides you will hear stories of the small details and deep history that you could never discover on your own!