Return Airport Transfers & Kandy Day Tour From Colombo
OverviewThis great combo package will cover return airport transfer to city,hotel and Kandy Day Tour. Experience Sri Lankas old hill capital of Kandy on a privately full-day trip from Colombo. Explore the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens to see giant palms, orchids, and exotic flora. After free time for lunch (own expense), spend the afternoon in enchanting, UNESCO-listed Kandy, with visits to the gold-roofed, UNESCO-listed Temple of the Tooth, Kandy market, and a cultural show. Finish with a stop for dinner (own expense) on your return journey to Colombo.
Know More about this tourDay 1
Our Airport Representative will be pick up you from Airport & drop to your hotel in Colombo.
You will be starting your tour at 6:00 am from your hotel in Colombo. If you bring a packed breakfast you will be able to eat along the way. You will get to Kandy by 09:30 am. Your first destination in the city will be the Temple of the Tooth. The Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha has had much importance throughout the history of Sri Lanka. Being able to protect it and enshrine it was not only regarded as a symbol of piousness; but also, a symbol of status that proved the worthiness of the ancient kings of the country. As such the relic was enshrined wherever the capital of the country was during the era of the kings. As the last kings made Kandy their capital, the relic was enshrined in the royal palace; where it remains to this day.
You will be able to view the beautiful architecture of the palace and look at the many golden figurines in the shrine. There are many structures in the palace premises that you can visit.
At 11:00 am you will be going on technical tours to see the crafts of some of the traditional artisans of Kandy; such as the gem crafters, wood carvers and batik makers. You will get to see the process of how the they do their work, and will be able to purchase some great souvenirs (if you wish) too.
You will finish these tours by 1:00 pm and break for lunch at a local restaurant. After an enjoyable meal at your own cost you will be able to go on to the next leg of your tour at 2:30pm. You will get to the Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya by 3:00pm. 147-acre premises of the gardens hosts over 4000 species of plants; including an exclusive collection of orchids, spices and medicinal plants. Created early in the 19th century, the gardens have a significant amount of history that you will learn more about during your tour. You will also get to see famed plants such as the Cannonball Tree, the Giant Javan Fig tree, and the 40m tall Burma bamboo. You will complete your tour of the botanical gardens by 5:00 pm, and will then be returning to your hotel in Colombo; completing your tour.
Inclusions for Return Airport Transfers & Kandy Day Tour From Colombo
- Bottled water
- Air-condition Car or Van
- Airport Paging
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English Speaking Driver
Exclusions for Return Airport Transfers & Kandy Day Tour From Colombo
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees(Temple of the Tooth,botanical garden)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Wearing well-covered attire along with sandals or flip flops are recommend for Temple of the Tooth Relic and to all other religious sights of Sri Lanka.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip to Galle: an Exotic Escape!
- Private Sigiriya & Dambulla Day Tour From Colombo
- Private Half Day Tour - Colombo Street Market and Street Food Experience Tour
- Beautiful Sri Lanka 5 Night and 6 Days Tour (Colombo-Sigiriya-Kandy-Galle)
- Vist To Adam's peak From Colombo
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van