Reykjanes Peninsula Private Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewIceland's most south-west part is Reykjanes, a volcanically active and barren peninsula.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourFollowing a pickup at your convenience at your Reykjavik hotel or the port, hop into your private vehicle and spin into the rugged countryside. With geothermal landscapes, tumbling waterfalls and hot geysers exploding from the earth, Iceland is widely considered among the worlds most exciting places to visit.
First, explore the coastal village of Grindavk where traditional fishing boats bob in the harbor. Perhaps visit the Saltfisksetrid Museum (own expense) to gain insight into life here over centuries passed. Then, drive west along the Reykjanes Peninsula to Gunnuhver famous for its powerful geothermal activity.
Admire native birdlife at Reykjanesviti Icelands oldest lighthouse and listen as your private guide sheds light on the diverse bird species living on the coast. On a clear day you can see the small island of Eldey, just a short distance from the shore.
Explore the area where the Eurasian and North American plates are being forced apart deep below the Earths crust and perhaps visit the museums in Garur, Reykjanesbr, or Sandgerdi (own expense) to learn of Icelands Viking heritage.
Perhaps finish your tour with a soak in the heated waters of the famous Blue Lagoon (own expense). Then, return in comfort to your starting point in Reykjavik to conclude your tour.
Inclusions for Reykjanes Peninsula Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
Exclusions for Reykjanes Peninsula Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Blue Lagoon (extra fees to be paid directly to supplier)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Olgerdin Brewery Tour from Reykjavik
- 1-Hour 'Buggy Safari' Buggy Adventure from Reykjavik
- The Golden Circle and Fontana Wellness Tour from Reykjavik
- Small-Group Snorkeling Experience at Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir National Park
- South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes and Glaciers
- Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Blue Lagoon Spa with Round-trip Transport