Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Puffin Sightseeing Cruise
OverviewWhen your cruise ship docks at Reykjavik Port, take a 1-hour shore excursion to Akurey Island to see where one of Icelands largest colony of puffins live! Choose from four different start times, and after a 15-minute cruise, glide around the island, seeing its puffins and other native bird life like Black Guillemots and Arctic Terns. Learn about the captivating wildlife from an onboard guide and then return to Reykjavik.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
Know More about this tourChoose from one of four start times, and then leave Reykjavik Port behind as you glide away from the capital on your 1-hour puffin sightseeing cruise! The rocky little outcrop of Akurey Island is your destination home to some of Icelands most unspoiled scenery as well as a large colony of nesting puffins. The cruise there takes roughly 15 minutes and as you travel, your onboard guide will keep you entertained with tales of the islands fascinating geology and wildlife.
As you near the island, cruise around it, admiring the hills and slopes while keeping an eye out for the colorful bird life that abounds. The shoreline is rocky, but your modern sightseeing boat is specially designed to get as close in as possible, enabling some of the best close-up views of puffins and other native seabirds; Northern Fulmars, Arctic Terns and Black Guillemots are just a few species that have made the island their home.
After circling Akurey Island, the captain of your boat will turn the engine off, allowing you to enjoy the peace and quiet of Icelands natural treasures. Pose for photos in front of a backdrop of rolling hills and get ready to capture pictures of seabirds nesting or diving into the sea for food. Help yourself to a fresh cup of coffee on board while admiring the views, and then return to Reykjavik Port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Reykjavik for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Puffin Sightseeing Cruise
- Binoculars to use on board
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Puffin Sightseeing Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sea-Fishing Tour from Reykjavik
- Extended Golden Circle Tour from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Day Trip Including Touch-Screen Multi-Language Audio Guide from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to Iceland's Beautiful South Coast from Reykjavik
- 'Underworld' Lava Caving and ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Super-Jeep Tour and Snowmobiling