OverviewWave goodbye to Reykjavik Port and head out on a whale-watching cruise around Faxafli Bay! Choose from two shore excursions a leisurely 3.5-hour cruise or a 2.5-hour high-speed cruise and then sit back and relax aboard your sightseeing boat. Watch out for porpoises, white-beaked dolphins, minke whales and humpback whales that swim in abundance around the area, and learn all about them from an onboard guide.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Free drinks included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tourChoose from a 2.5- or 3.5-hour shore excursion at a time to suit you – morning or afternoon – and then hop aboard your whale-watching boat at Reykjavik Port. As the harbour slips from view, watch out for the incredible marine life for which Iceland is famed as you head toward the waters of Faxaflói Bay. Your guide will hand you a pair of warm (and waterproof!) coveralls to wear, should you need them, enabling you to sightsee without feeling the cold.
Listen to your guide explain the different species of whales that are found in Iceland, and hear captivating tales about encounters with these magnificent sea creatures, getting tips for the signs of life that you need to look out for. The waters around Faxaflói Bay are home to porpoises and white-beaked dolphins as well as whales, and the creatures often surface close to the boat; have your camera ready!
Since most of your whale-watching experience takes place out on deck, temperatures can be chilly. So warm yourself up by heading inside the boat’s luxurious viewing area where hot drinks and light refreshments can be found (own expense).
Your cruise has a 90 percent success rate for seeing whales, but in the unlikely event that you don’t see any your guide will give you a complimentary ticket for another boat ride.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to Reykjavik Port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching Cruise
- Warm coveralls to wear on board
- Worry free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Whale-Watching Cruise
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Hotel pick up: Available to book directly with supplier (extra fees apply).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.