Rhine River Cruise To Königswinter With Sea Life Visit Or Drachenfels Cliff - Cologne
OverviewEnjoy a scenic Rhine River cruise from Cologne to the resort city of Königswinter, at the foot of the beautiful Siebengebirge hills. After a journey down the water that takes in sights of romantic riverside villages and hilltop castles, choose to visit one of two Königswinter attractions. Either visit the family-friendly Sea Life aquarium or ride one of Germany’s oldest cogwheel railways up to the famous Drachenfels cliff, topped by fascinating ancient ruins of Drachenfels Castle.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tourHead to the Cologne riverside in the morning to board your boat. Then, sit back and relax on your 4-hour cruise along the beautiful Rhine River, the longest river in Germany. Enjoy views of the historical towns, hilltop castles and prehistoric fortifications that dot the waterfront while learning about the sights from your onboard guide.
Arrive in Knigswinter, a resort city at the foot of the densely wooded Siebengebirge hills. Here you have between two and four hours of free time to enjoy lunch if you wish (own expense) and visit the attraction of your choice, as described below. At a prearranged time in the late afternoon or early evening, reboard your boat for a condensed 2.5-hour cruise back to Cologne.
Sea Life Aquarium Admission:
Get a look at the fascinating underwater world at Sea Life Knigswinter, an aquarium home to more than 2,000 animals covering more than 120 species. See local and tropical sea dwellers such as stingrays and seahorses, watch animal feedings and walk through one of Germanys rare 360-degree underwater glass tunnel to come face-to-face with sharks.
Drachnfels Railway Ride:
Ride one of Germany's oldest cogwheel railways up to the famous Drachenfels hill and stop at the middle station to admire the Drachenfels Castle ruins. This ancient fortress was built by Archbishop Arnold I of Cologne in the 1100s to protect the Cologne region, but was destroyed during the Thirty Years War in 1634 and was never rebuilt. Enjoy views over the Rhine Valley from the summit.
Inclusions for Rhine River Cruise To Königswinter With Sea Life Visit Or Drachenfels Cliff
- Round-trip cruise from Cologne to Knigswinter
- Live onboard commentary
- Admission to Sea Life aquarium in Knigswinter or round-trip ticket for Drachenfels Cliff cog railway
Exclusions for Rhine River Cruise To Königswinter With Sea Life Visit Or Drachenfels Cliff
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.