Rhodes By Night Segway TourWrite a Review
OverviewA unique opportunity to visit the old town of Rhodes at its best, in the evening when it is bustling with life. Venture off in the small alleys with our professional guides and enjoy the local night life within the walls of the medieval city.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide at 20:00 and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll follow your guide through the narrow alleys of the medieval town, one of the few places that survived unscathed through the middle ages and was declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1988. At the same time, you will enjoy a first-hand experience of the local night life, as the Medieval Town, peppered with trendy bars and charming little shops never sleeps.
Following our experienced guides, the tour passes by the Ibrahim pasha mosque, the oldest mosque in Rhodes that still functions to this day and then crosses Juderia, the Jewish quarters to end up at the catholic church of Lady of the Burgo, the biggest latin basilica of the island and an architectural gem that fuses different styles and influences.
Next stop is at the hospice of St. Catherine and the tour goes on along the fortification walls passing by St. John's Gate (Red gate) and St. Athanassios Gate to reach our next destination: the mosque of Suleiman, one of the important Muslim monuments that exist today in the West. Then the tour visits the Gate Amboise, the most impressive gate of the medieval fortifications, decorated with the coat of arms of the Order and Grand Master Amboise, which remains a landmark of the medieval town, even to this day.
The next stop of the tour takes place at the Grand Master's Palace or Kastello, the heart of the town's defenses, that also served as the residence of the Grand Master and administrative centre. Gliding down the picturesque Knight’s Street which connected the political with the religious center, we end up at the last stop of the tour. There we arrive at the Great hospital that under the auspices of the Knights provided high quality medical care and attention to those in need and today houses the archaeological museum.
After exploring the highlights of the medieval town and discovering hidden spots and charming alleys with your guide, you will glide back to a location near the starting point where your tour will end. Throughout the tour, the guide takes care in order to make regular stops, when necessary or available, so that the guests have the opportunity and time to take photos, rest etc. Our tours are flexible, so that a group can make more frequent stops, or take a couple of extra minutes at a certain site and then make up for the delay. The tour guide, the segway safety orientation and the helmet are all included in the price. The tour does not enter any archaeological sites or monuments, so entrance fees are not included. Transfer, food and drinks are also not included in the price.
Inclusions for Rhodes By Night Segway Tour
- Tour escort/host
- Segway Safety orientation
- Use of helmet
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Rhodes By Night Segway Tour
- • Gratuities (optional)
• Food and drinks
• Entrance fees
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Not recommended for pregnant women
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Minimum age is 10 years
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.