Rhone Valley Wine Tour From AvignonWrite a Review
OverviewGet the perfect introduction to Rhne Valley wine on this 4-hour tour from Avignon! Led by an expert local guide, your tour visits an esteemed chateau near Mont Ventoux for a tour of its cellars, fermenting rooms and vineyards. Learn about the region's exquisite red, ros and white wines and then sit down for a wine-tasting session -- enjoying five of the chateau's fine wines.
Numbers are limited to eight people on this small-group tour ensuring youll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
Know More about this tourLeave your central Avignon hotel by air-conditioned minivan and head northeast in the direction of Mont Ventoux – Provence’s largest mountain at a height of 6,266 feet (1,910 meters). Just over an hour, your scenic journey passes through swathes of pristine Provence countryside, studded with vineyards that produce the grapes for France’s famous Ventoux wines.
Head to a wine estate in the foothills of Mont Ventoux for a tour of its cellars, fermenting rooms and bottling rooms, learning all about wine cultivation in the region as you go. The Ventoux appellation (wine-making region) produces a mix of red, rosé and white Rhône Valley wines made primarily from grenache, syrah, cinsaut, carigan and mourvèdre grapes.
Then it’s time for the highlight of your tour – a wine-tasting session featuring five of the best Ventoux wines! Listen to your knowledgeable guide explain how all of your senses can discern your taste for different wines. After looking closely at the colors of the wine, sniff their aromas, taste their flavors and feel their textures as you sip! Complete your chateau tour by strolling along the footpaths in the vineyards, seeing rows of immaculately kept grapevines. Your tour ends back at your Avignon hotel in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Rhone Valley Wine Tour From Avignon
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine tastings
Exclusions for Rhone Valley Wine Tour From Avignon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.