OverviewSample exquisite wines from the Rhne Valley region on a full-day wine trip from Avignon! With a wine expert guide at your side, tour the cellars of a wine estate near Mont Ventoux and enjoy a wine-tasting session to discover the role that your senses play in discerning the flavors of wine. Spend free time in pretty Beaumes-de-Venise, and then tour two more wine estates in the Rhne Valley, sampling Tavel and Chteauneuf-du-Pape wines!
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourLeave your central Avignon hotel by luxury minivan and head northeast in the direction of Mont Ventoux amusingly nicknamed the Beast of Provence in recognition of its status as the regions largest mountain. Lasting just over an hour, your journey passes through swathes of picture-perfect Provence countryside, dotted with vineyards that produce the grapes for the Rhne Valleys esteemed Ventoux wines.
Stop at a wine estate in the foothills of Mont Ventoux for a tour of its cellars, fermenting rooms and bottling rooms, learning all about wine cultivation in the area as you go. Listen to your knowledgeable guide explain how all of your senses can discern your taste for different wines, and then discover it for yourself during a wine-tasting session. Sample up to five different wines (red, ros and white) plus quality olive oils, and then take a stroll around the vineyards.
Hop back into your minivan and travel to the charming town of Beaumes-de-Venise to explore independently or have lunch -- your guide will give tips for the best places to eat!
In the afternoon continue your tour through the prestigious Rhne Valley, where youll visit two more wine estates. Sample crisp ros wines at a chateau in the Tavel wine region, and then end your tour on a high note by sampling the internationally acclaimed Chteauneuf-du-Pape wine at another chateau. After learning all about the characteristics of these incredible Rhne Valley wines, return to your Avignon hotel where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Rhone Valley Wine Tour From Avignon: Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Ventoux And Tavel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine tasting (up to seven wines)
- Olive oil tasting
Exclusions for Rhone Valley Wine Tour From Avignon: Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Ventoux And Tavel
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.