OverviewRaise a glass to Riga! Head out on the Old Town with a local beer enthusiast by your side, and learn about the experimental craft beers sweeping through Latvia. Taste traditional drinks like black balsam and kvass, as well as new ciders and beers that cant be found anywhere else.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free drinks included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Travelling is all about new experiences, right?! And exploring is about more than just visiting monuments and museums — it’s also about indulging in a new culture, and getting to know the locals, their customs, their food, and of course, their drinks!
Not only does Latvia have some great cuisine, but it also has some fantastic beverages. Did you know Latvia has the most northern vineyard in Europe? Or that, besides wine, there are lots of yummy ciders to be tried, which come in all kinds of flavours? Many of these ciders are craft brews not found anywhere outside of Latvia.
Then, we also have the famous black balsam, a liquor spiced with herbs and drank in shot form. As it has a very unique flavour, you'll either love it or hate it, but it’s guaranteed to be something you won’t forget! Thanks to Russian influence, good-quality vodka is abundant and there are many tasty vodkas that can be tried at any of the pubs.
Kvass is another popular drink, similar to beer but very low in alcohol content (it’s actually considered to be a soft drink), and an excellent companion to Latvian cuisine. Based on fermented black rye bread, this drink is a must-try!
Then, there are, of course, the traditional pilsner beers, loved by everyone and easy to drink. But you’re sure to find more than just pilsners, as the art of craft beer has been increasing rapidly in Latvia over the past few years. Throughout the country, there are several breweries producing a variety of beers. The modern Latvian brewer loves to experiment, and during this tour you'll have the chance to taste some excellent experiments!
On this Riga tour, you'll be accompanied by a beer-enthusiastic local who will bring you to the best-kept secrets in town. In these hidden spots, he’ll share his knowledge of Latvia's best craft beers and other drinks. You’ll visit some very exclusive pubs only known by locals, and have a chance to experience the true Latvian nightlife, not spoiled by drunken party clichés.
Thirsty yet? This awesome tour is just a few clicks away!
Inclusions for Riga Old Town Pub Crawl Including Famous Black Balsam
- Local English-speaking guide
- Two craft beers
- One shot of vodka or black balsam
Exclusions for Riga Old Town Pub Crawl Including Famous Black Balsam
- Food, additional drink
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear casual clothes and comfortable shoes for walking. Note that Riga can be quite cold in winter months, therefore dress accordingly!
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted on this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.