Right Bank Of Paris 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
OverviewAt the very center of Paris, the area from which the entire city spans out. Enjoy a 2-hour private walking tour of the Right Bank, the projected heart of Paris that is the very center of the French government, thus symbolic of power and authority. On this tour we inspect all the symbols in faades, statues and streets, that carry this message.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tour
While the Left bank has always been associated with progressive notions and free, frivolousthinking of the artists, writers and philosophers, the Right Bank was the seat of the French power. It is no wonder that the Great Revolution was planned out on the Left Bank, but carried out on the Right.
A 2-hour walk on the Right Bank is therefore a very different experience compared to a visit to the Left Bank, the home to the Latin Quarter and Saint-Germain. Whereas there we can find traces of speculating (but often fun loving) idealists leaving their imprints on the surroundings, here we find the somber and strict expression of authority.
As you take in the buildings of the Right Bank your guide will compare the way this image of authority was constructed and seenin medieval timesas well as the neoclassical period. We will delve deeply into the function and symbolical value of the French love for symmetry.
Wewill also discover some places who even in the midst of all this seriousness have found a way to be relaxed, subversive and even quite naughty.
Inclusions for Right Bank Of Paris 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Right Bank Of Paris 2-Hour Private Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.