Rio De Janeiro Small-Group Cachaca Distillery Tour - Rio De JaneiroWrite a Review
Experience this unique cachaca distillery tour on the west side of Rio de Janeiro where small sugar cane plantations are located. On this 5-hour small-group tour, a local guide will take guest to learn about theÂ fermentation and distillation processes involved with making cachaca (a Brazilian spirit similar to rum made of sugarcane juice and aged in oak barrels). After, relax in bar tasting different kinds of cachaca and fruit liqueurs (included), all while being surrounded by a stunning view of the Atlantic Forest. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
After your 10am pickup from your accommodation in central Rio de Janeiro you will drive toward Barra da Tijuca and then to Guaratiba, the drive takes around 1 hour where during this time your guide and cachaca expert will explain you the history of the sugar plantation in Brazil. As soon as you arrive at the cachaca distillery you will have a time to admire the amazing mountains that surround you.
At the start of the tour you will visit the sugar cane plantation and learn more about this plant, after the guide will explain the special technique to cut it off, then the fermentation process. Feel free to ask questions about the process. The most interesting thing is the special pot still that creates an unique spirit with really low levels of copper resulting in a outstanding taste. Afterward, your guide will take you to the maturation room where old oak barrels already used to mature scotch whisky, gives a distinctive flavor to the cachacas.
At the end of this amazing experience, guests will be able to relax in the bar and taste different cachacas aged for 2, 4, 6, 12 and 18 years and also some unique fruit liquors made with white cachaca. After the free tasting, your guide will take you back to your central accommodation in Rio de Janeiro. Pickup and drop-off are included.
Inclusions for Rio De Janeiro Small-Group Cachaca Distillery Tour
- Entrance fees
- Driver/Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport in AC sedan or minivan (depending on size of group)
- Free tasting of cachacas
Exclusions for Rio De Janeiro Small-Group Cachaca Distillery Tour
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Dress code is smart casual
Food and drink are available for purchase. Guests can pay with cash or credit card
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.