Rio De Janeiro: Walk And Ride In The City Center - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewComeexplore the downtown by foot, light rail, and trolly on this 5-hour small group tour. Get a full experience of one of South America's most iconic downtown locations. Startwith avisit to the historic center, pass by the 19th century 'places to be', then make your way to the new Porto Maravilha. Top it off with a visit to a charming bohemian neighborhood on the hillside!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Meet the small group at the centrally located meeting point in Praa Mau. Admirethe newly revitalized area considered to be the new cultural center of Rio de Janeiro. Learn about the scale of the project Porto Maravilha and see the before and after. Then visit therecently inauguratedSantiago Calatrava's Museum of Tomorrow.
After starting in the contemporary part of the city, make your way back in time and visit the historical areas that havedefined Rio de Janeiro's Downtown for centuries. Navigate the small charming streets filled with baroque, colonial, and neoclassical architecture. On your way the tour guide will discuss the history of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and how it differs from other colonized countries. See the imperial palace in Praa XV. Make a pit stop at a traditional cafe, Confeitaria Colombo, a perfect representation of the glamorous early 20th century era. Then finish atthe most iconic historical plaza enclosed bythe Municipal Theater, National Library, the Museum of Belas Artes, and more.
After you have seen both the new and the old, you take atrolley rideover the Arches of Lapato the bohemian hillside neighborhood of Santa Teresa. This french influenced part of town is full of great restaurants, stores, and is a great place spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city. You end with a walk down the newly famous Selarn Staircase that has caught the interest of national and international visitors and has become one of the most iconic places in Rio de Janeiro.
Inclusions for Rio De Janeiro: Walk And Ride In The City Center
- Museum entrance fee
- Local guide and walking tour
- All transportation to/from the centrally located meeting point
Exclusions for Rio De Janeiro: Walk And Ride In The City Center
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rio Samba School: Behind-the-Scenes Carnival Rehearsal
- Private Rio de Janeiro Layover Tour from the Airport
- Sugar Loaf Mountain Half-Day Tour
- Full Day Rio de Janeiro by Jeep Including Tijuca Forest and Christ the Redeemer
- Pico da Tijuca Hiking Tour in Tijuca Forest National Park
- Ocean Kayaking Tour in Rio de Janeiro