OverviewRiding the soft desert wind in a hot air balloon is the perfect way to celebrate your special occasions with friends, family or when romance is in the air, and there is no better place to enjoy it than around Taos.
Our Champagne balloon flights provide guests beautiful panoramas of Taos and the Sangre de Cristo's before we drop down into the Gorge and kiss the historic Rio Grande river as it gently flows south into the Gulf of Mexico. This is the most thrilling balloon ride anywhere. Your Pueblo Balloon adventure begins bright and early when you’re picked up at your Taos area Hotel or B & B. Our experienced crew and experienced FAA certified pilots are personable, knowledgeable and entertaining. After the flight we celebrate with the traditional Champagne (or sparkling cider) toast where you'll be presented your official "Flight Certificates."
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Scenic air tour
Know More about this tourWe fly most days at sunrise, weather permitting. We begin by meeting you at the visitor’s center here in town, which is easy to find right on the main road. Once we pick you up there, we will transport you to the launch site where we will inflate the balloon and fly for about an hour. During the summer months this flight will often be in the Rio Grande Gorge, but we always decide where and when to fly based on what is safest for that particular day. During the flight, depending upon the direction of the winds on flight day, you will have great views of the Taos Mountains, The gorge itself, and beautiful wildlife. We have a chase crew that follows us during the flight and will meet us shortly after landing. After we pack the equipment, we will go the Rio Grande Gorge bridge for a champagne ceremony and a light snack. We always have non-alcoholic alternatives available as well. Each person that flew will receive a commemorative flight certificate to celebrate their adventure.
The whole duration of the event is about 3 ½ hours with the flight portion being about 1 hour.
Inclusions for Rio Grande Gorge Balloon Ride
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Rio Grande Gorge Balloon Ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Must contact provider immediately after booking to confirm. Failure to do so will result in cancellation.
All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking.
Hotel pick-up's are not available.
Maximum weight 270 pounds per passenger
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical condition
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.