OverviewWalking tour in Rio de Janeiro by subway. Small groups, learn more about Rio with a "Carioca Tour Guide" - Cultural, Historical Tour. Visit the main attractions in Downtown - Historical Rio.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Excellent value for money
- Exclusive to Viator
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYou will be taken by subway to downtown, emerging at Cinelândia Station, Cinelândia of Rio´s 1900s, with its relics of the French architectural influence such as the National Museum of Fine Arts, Theatro Municipal – the city´s Opera House, the National Library, Pedro Ernesto Palace (City Hall), the Cultural Center of the Federal Court.
On the way to Carioca square we see the Naval Club, the Monastery Church of Santo Antônio and the Ordem Terceira de São Francisco da Penitência, a true cultural richness of the Brazilian colonial architecture (1622).
A visit at the Confeitaria Colombo, built in 1894 in Art- Nuveaux, Tiradentes Palace (State Hall ), Praça XV including the Imperial Palace (the first residence of the Portuguese Royal Family), the statue of General Osório, Mestre Valentim´s Fountain and through the Teles Arch, reach the cobble-stoned Travessa do Comercio and the former residence of Carmen Miranda, the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, the Post Office Cultural Center, France-Brazil House, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church. Back to the hotels by sub-way.
Visits or stops: Cinelândia, Largo da Candelaria, Confeitaria Colombo, the Church of Our Lady of the Merchants, France-Brazil House when open, Bank of Brasil Cultural Center and Candelaria Church when open.
Inclusions for Rio Walking Tour With More Than 15 Attractions
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Rio Walking Tour With More Than 15 Attractions
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide -English and Spanish
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for people with walking difficulties
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.