River Rafting And Zipline Tour From Salta With Argentine BBQ Lunch
OverviewEnjoy Argentinas great outdoors from the water and the air on this adventure tour that combines river rafting and ziplining. After a scenic drive from Salta to the Juramento River (Rio Juramento), take a 2.5-hour rafting tour through the river canyon, navigating Class II and III rapids. Then feast on an Argentine BBQ lunch before flying through the treetops on a 4-cable zipline tour, which provides you with amazing views of the Juramento River below. Do it all with experienced rafting and zipline guides.
- Lunch included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet at the local tour office in Salta to check in for your full-day outdoor adventure, and head south of town along Route 68. During the approximate 2-hour drive by comfortable coach, enjoy views of the Lerma Valley as you make your way toward the town of Coronel Moldes, where youll turn east to Cabra Corral, an artificial dam that combines the water from several Calchaqu Valley rivers into a Y-shaped reservoir.
Enter the Juramento River Canyon and reach the rafting base, where youll start your 2.5-hour rafting tour. Listen to your guides instructions and safety tips for rafting down the river, and then grab your provided equipment (helmet, gloves, waterproof jacket, paddle and life vest) and hop in your raft. Push off from the riverbank and begin your journey through rapids of the Juramento River.
Pass through about 12 sets of Class II and Class III rapids, learning how to navigate them from your experienced guide. Between rapids, look around at the stunning scenery of the canyon, framed by mountains.
After 7.5 miles (12 km) of rafting, pull up on shore and return to the base by vehicle for your 1-hour break for lunch. Change into dry clothes, and then dig into your delicious Argentine BBQ lunch of grilled sausages and other meats, salad and juice. (There is a bar at the base where you can purchase additional drinks, as well as ice cream, if you wish.)
When youve finished eating, work off your lunch by following your guide on a 20-minute hike up to the canopy area for your 1.5-hour zipline tour. Strap on your provided helmet and harness, and climb up to the first platform for gorgeous views of the river and canyon below. Then zoom across the 655-foot-high (200-meter) zipline, enjoying the feel of flying through the air above the river. Cross over the water on three more lines, the longest of which is 1,970 feet (600 meters), and pause at each platform to soak up the views and look for native birds like condors, eagles, herons and parrots.
The last line takes you back to the base, where youll board the coach for the return drive to Salta, where your tour ends at the local tour office.
Inclusions for River Rafting And Zipline Tour From Salta With Argentine BBQ Lunch
- Professional guides during each activity
- Use of rafting and canopy equipment (including helmet, gloves, life vest, waterproof jacket and pants, harness and paddle)
- BBQ lunch
- Water and juice
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz coach
Exclusions for River Rafting And Zipline Tour From Salta With Argentine BBQ Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 10 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
It is recommended you wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes; long pants are recommended for the zipline tour
Please bring a change of dry clothes or swimsuit, a towel, sunglasses, sunscreen and insect repellent
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Pregnant women are not allowed
Maximum weight is 220 lbs (100 kg)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.