Road Cycling Tenerife - Teide Route
OverviewThe weather and land diversity makes Tenerife a perfect place for cycling. We have prepared a weekly program so you can take advantage of your vacation by training and enjoying the island.
Know More about this tour
The queen stage! The dream of every cyclist, crowning the longest climb in Europe and the most frequented by the international pack.
We move to La Camella to start warming up for about 15 kms. The journey to Granadilla will be very comfortable and will allow us to loosen our legs a little. The climb is from 12 km to 5 - 6% of slope.
Once in Vilaflor begins the most complicated part, 14 km of climb without rest.
The average of the ramps is 8% but the main obstacle is the acclimatization due to the decrease of the pressure of the oxygen since we will be to about 2,100 meters of height when we arrive to the Retamar.
If we have enougth time we descend to the viewpiont of Boca Tauce. There we are only 8 kms to the National Parador, a place chosen by professional cyclists for their preseason.
We are only about 45 kms down to Playa de las Americas enjoying the views
This excursion is defined with two words: SUFFER and ENJOY.
Distance: 105 km Ascent: 2,550 meters Descent: 2,665 meters
The route includes:
- Carbon Bike ( Look 765 or Bianchi Sempre Pro)
- Pedals (Look Keo, Shimano SPD-SL or SPD)
- Expert guide
- Energy bar or gel
- Water or isotonic drink
- Pick up from hotel
- Transfer to exit point
Inclusions for Road Cycling Tenerife - Teide Route
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
Exclusions for Road Cycling Tenerife - Teide Route
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Yoga or Pilates Class in Tenerife
- Introduction to Scuba Diving in Tenerife
- Tenerife 3 Hour Whale and Dolphin Private Luxury Sailing Yacht Charter
- Whale and Dolphin Watching 3 hour Shared Sailing Yacht Charter
- Private Motor Boat Whale Watching Charter in Tenerife
- Tenerife Airport Transfer from South Airport (Reina Sofia) to North Area Hotels
- Departure - South Island Hotels to Tenerife South Airport
- Tenerife Transfer from North Area Hotels to South Airport (Reina Sofia)