Road Cycling Tenerife - West Coast Route
OverviewThe weather and land diversity makes Tenerife a perfect place for cycling. We have prepared a weekly program so you can take advantage of your vacation by training and enjoying the island.
Know More about this tour
The so-called "Carretera Vieja" or TF-28, with more than a thousand curves in 100 kilometers, crosses the 'medianías' of the island connecting the capital with the south.
This road is very busy for cyclists, since you are accumulating many meters of unevenness, but it is not a constant climb.
For this excursion we move to the town of Güimar where we start at the viewpoint of Don Martin that has magnificent panoramic views of the Valley.
Our route continues towards the south passing through typical villages of the island like Fasnia, Arico or Granadilla. Begin a terrain breaks legs with a continuous up and down that gets done pretty fast if you're in good shape. We will be all the way to a height that varies between 400 and 700 meters of height with respect to the level of the sea.
Already in Granadilla we have done all the hard things of this stage and we only have to descend 20 km to Playa de las Américas.
Distance: 75 km Ascent: 1,121 meters Descent: 1,239 meters
The route includes:
- Carbon Bike ( Look 765 or Bianchi Sempre Pro)
- Pedals (Look Keo, Shimano SPD-SL or SPD)
- Expert guide
- Energy bar or gel
- Water or isotonic drink
- Pick up from hotel
- Transfer to exit point
Inclusions for Road Cycling Tenerife - West Coast Route
- Bottled water
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bike tour
Exclusions for Road Cycling Tenerife - West Coast Route
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Yoga or Pilates Class in Tenerife
- Introduction to Scuba Diving in Tenerife
- Tenerife 3 Hour Whale and Dolphin Private Luxury Sailing Yacht Charter
- Whale and Dolphin Watching 3 hour Shared Sailing Yacht Charter
- Private Motor Boat Whale Watching Charter in Tenerife
- Tenerife Airport Transfer from South Airport (Reina Sofia) to North Area Hotels
- Departure - South Island Hotels to Tenerife South Airport
- Tenerife Transfer from North Area Hotels to South Airport (Reina Sofia)