Road Of The Seven Lakes To Villa La Angostura From San Martin De Los Andes - San Martín De Los Andes
OverviewTravel the Road of the Seven Lakes on a full-day journey through some of Argentinas most breathtaking scenery. Youll depart by minivan from your San Martin de los Andes hotel, driving past beautiful lakes, rivers and waterfalls. A guide takes you through ancient forests and Lann National Park, and introduces you to the indigenous Mapuche. Enjoy free time to explore and purchase lunch (own expense) in the quaint town of Villa La Angostura, which serves as your turnaround point on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour 10-hour round-trip driving tour along the Road of the Seven Lakes to Villa Angostura departs in the morning from your San Martin de los Andes hotel. Meet your guide, who will take your small group through some of the regions most significant natural and cultural sites. In fact, this route is considered one of the most stunning circuits in Argentina, due to its brilliant colors and views of the majestic Andes Mountains.
Once aboard your comfortableminivan, set off into the foothills of the Andes, as your guide enlightens you with bits of history and insight about the surroundings. You'll trace the rim of Lago Lcar (Lcar Lake) for 2.5 miles (4 km), then venture into an ancient oak and cypress forest, where much of your journey continues.
Stop at Pil-Pil, a breathtaking viewpoint belonging to the indigenous Mapuche community. Making your way through the succession of hills, you'll reach 7,217 feet (2,200 meters) in elevation. Expect to see waterfalls and more picturesque lakes, such as Machonico, Hermoso, Escondido and Villarino, as you make photo stops throughout Lann National Park.
Stop at Correntoso Lakes scenic shores for snacks such as fried cakes, queso casero (cheese) or ham (own expense), made by the Mapuche community of Quintupurai. Continue to Small Mirror Lake (Lago Espejo Chico) and Bodega Ruca Malen, passing bridges, an old inn and tranquil rivers, and see views that extend as far as Chile from the Espejo Grande viewpoint.
After 6.2 miles (10 km), your small group arrives at Villa La Angostura, a village with a shopping center, a historical diplomatic residence called El Mesidor and the Bahia Manzano hotel. Enjoy a leisurely meal at one of the exceptional restaurants in the village (own expense) before heading back to your hotel in San Martin de los Andes.
Inclusions for Road Of The Seven Lakes To Villa La Angostura From San Martin De Los Andes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Road Of The Seven Lakes To Villa La Angostura From San Martin De Los Andes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a jacket or sweater
You may bring your own lunch
During the months of July and August, some roads may be closed due to poor weather. If the tour is canceled, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.