Rocinha Favela Walking Tour - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewThis walking tour is a non-intrusive and respectful tour towards the lives of the people living there. We believe that through this walking tour, the cycle of drugs and guns can be broken through the power of education. The only key for the future. Come and see how the locals live in theFavela's on this walking tour done by a local resident.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with hotel pickup in the Rio areas of Copacabana, Ipanema, and Leblon. When you arrive at Rocinha, Brazil's largest favela, your walking tour starts with your guide, who is a local resident.
This experience aims to educate you about life in a favela, which is such a big part of the culture of Rio de Janeiro. See how residents live, and learn about the difficulties they face. The price of your tour includes a monetary contribution to the community. Your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Please note: We are sensitive to the issues and concerns surrounding favelas, and we understand that this tour may not be suitable for everyone. We strongly believe that the purpose of this tour is for educational reasons alone and allows for a better understanding of Brazilian life inside a favela.
Inclusions for Rocinha Favela Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
Exclusions for Rocinha Favela Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multilingual guide
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Private tours are available in French or German as well as English
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Rio de Janeiro Tour with a Personal Photographer
- Rio Samba School: Behind-the-Scenes Carnival Rehearsal
- Private Rio de Janeiro Layover Tour from the Airport
- Sugar Loaf Mountain Half-Day Tour
- Full Day Rio de Janeiro by Jeep Including Tijuca Forest and Christ the Redeemer
- Pico da Tijuca Hiking Tour in Tijuca Forest National Park