Rock Climbing In Baños - Banos
OverviewThis rock climbing tour involves two different levels depending on your experience. Beginner climbs range in difficulty of 5.5 to 5.8, and use a top-rope setup within 50 feet of the ground. With this technique, you will easily be able to receive instruction and can return to the ground at any time. Intermediate climbs go from 5.7 to 5.9 in level of difficulty. Here, you will use a top-belay setup or multi-pitch techniques. Such set-ups require you to know the belaying technique and general climbing knowledge.
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour rock climbing tour begins at a central meeting point in Baos. There, you will meet your guide and receive all your necessary equipment including climbing shoes, rock climbing helmets and harnesses. You will then board your vehicle and go on a 15-minute drive to Natural Lava Rock, where the climb will take place.
Your guide will give you a safety briefing and then it's off to start your climbing experience. If you are new to this, you will do the beginner rock climbing experience with a level of difficulty ranging from 5.5 to 5.8. You can do the top-rope setup in which you will belay the guide to the top of the cliff, and then join him at the top.
You could also do the multi-pitch climbing technique. This one requires more advanced understanding of roped climbing systems. Here, you would be alone at the belay station while your guide climbs to the next belay station. You would also need to exit the belay station and clean the station by bringing along all of the guide's equipment used to construct the belay.
If you have already done rock climbing and are more experienced, you will be able to take part is advanced, guided climbs. These ones usually have a difficulty level ranging from 5.8 to 5.11 and up. During these climbs, you will mostly use multi-pitch techniques which allow you to cover a large amount of climbing to reach advanced climbing objectives. You will be alone at the belay while your guide climbs to the next belay station.
As the climb progresses, you will also need to exit the belay station and clean the station as you bring along all of the equipment used to construct the belay. Such advance climbs require efficiency and communication.
Before your climb, you will discuss with your guide what is the most suitable climb for you. You will discuss and learn about rope management, descent systems, anchor placement and station management. The goal of this tour is for you to learn and have while developing technical climbing skills.
This is the perfect outdoor activity while you are visiting Baos!
Inclusions for Rock Climbing In Baños
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- All necessary safety equipment
Exclusions for Rock Climbing In Baños
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Minimum age is 10 years
Suitable for beginners and experienced climbers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.