Roman Dolce Vita Best.Day.Ever. - Rome
OverviewThis is a comprehensive and complete tour, with great food and the most exquisite attractions to visit. Start the tour with sightings of the classic Roman attractions like the Spanish steps, flip a coin at Trevi Fountain, tour the Pantheon and find peace at the Piazza Navona. Stroll past the alleyways of the Trevi Fountain, where the movie ‘La Dolce Vita’ was shot. This tour also takes you to the various hidden gems of Rome like Palazzo Madama and the Statue of Pasquino. Also, enjoy the best espresso and gelato; the best in the world that Rome has to offer!
- Discover all the endless wonders that Rome has to offer, with a local to guide you
- Take in views of the Spanish Steps, Travi Fountain, Pantheon, Navona Square and some local hidden gems
- Sample two of the best things Rome has to offer - espresso and gelato
- Wander through countless Roman squares to admire architecture and daily local life.
Know More about this tour
Delight both your senses with food and your inner tourist with famous landmarks on this Rome walking tour that provides an alternative to your average stroll through the city. Culture and food - what more could you ask for?! Start your Rome city tour at the Spanish Steps, one of the city’s most famous spots and home to the Barcaccia Fountain by Bernini. Walk along Via Condotti, a street filled with the high end boutiques as well as ancient local favourites such as Antico Caffe Greco, a meeting point for artists and philosophers for centuries. This in one of the best places in Rome to find a mix of old and new, and your local guide will be giving you plenty of insights along the way. Wind your way through alleyways to the Trevi Fountain, the iconic spot featured in the movie ‘La Dolce Vita’, filmed by Federico Fellini in 1960. Be sure to throw a coin into the fountain and make a wish! Your local Rome guide will then take you a little further along to the beautiful Piazza Colonna, home to Palazzo Chigi, the seat of the Italian government and nearby Montecitorio, house of the Parliament. Stop for a well earned break at Rome’s best gelateria to sample some of this famous ad delicious Rome food, then continue to the Church of Sant’Ignazio. This little known church has a wonderful fake dome, created by an optical illusion, a Rome attraction well worth checking out with a local guide to give you the insider's scoop. The next stop on your Rome tour is the Pantheon, one of the greatest and best preserved Roman temples. In the 7th century it was transformed into a church and remains one of the most astonishing sites in the Eternal City. Don’t forget to admire the beautiful fountain outside, made by Giacomo della Porta. Nearby is a small café where you'll have the chance to enjoy the best espresso in Rome, or maybe even in the world! After making your own judgement on that matter, your Rome guide will take you to Palace Madama, a Renaissance building that is now the seat of the Italian Senate. A short walk away is the Piazza Navona, site of the beautiful Four Rivers fountain by Bernini. Complete your Rome walking tour by visiting another hidden gem, the statue of Pasquino, which has a very interesting local story behind it. In front of the statue is an excellent enoteca (wine bar) where you can rest while drinking a glass of wine chosen from a list of more than 3,000, and taste delicious cheese and prosciutto. What better way to end your Rome adventure!
Note: Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Inclusions for Roman Dolce Vita Best.Day.Ever.
- Local English-speaking guide.
Exclusions for Roman Dolce Vita Best.Day.Ever.
- Items of a personal nature such as drinks and food
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund.
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
You Might Also Like
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
- Day Excursion from Rome: Assisi and Orvieto with a Theologist Private Tour
- Shopping Tour Castel Romano Designer Outlet
- Pompeii and Naples - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour
- Rome Running Tour