Rome At Twilight Tour Among The Piazzas And Fountains
OverviewAn evening stroll to get to know and enjoy Rome, through its imposing palaces and grand piazzas, where water dances in extraordinary fountains such as the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, and the Spanish Steps. A tour to discover enchanted little streets of Rome where time seems to have stopped; a stroll to dream, exploring history and art in a new way. Join us on this group tour to encounter popes and emperors, artist and ordinary people in the places where their lives took shape, where the ancient and the modern mingled to create the political and religious institutions on which Italian society still rests today.
Know More about this tourOur journey begins in Piazza di Spagna, at the foot of the Iconic Spanish Steps. Through our guide you will learn the history of the Church of the Trinita' dei Monti that towers above, as well why young Gian Lorenzo Bernini and his sculptor father adapted the unusual subject of a boat for the Fountain of the Baraccia. After short stops at the Colonna del'Immacolate and the house of Gian Lorenzo Bernini we will reach another of the City's indelible landmarks, the Trevi Fountain.
En route through the small streets of Rome you will see the among other things the Pantheon, on your way to Piazza Navona. Right in the heart of the Roman Baroque: al around are spectacular optical illusions and theatrical buildings, signs of a revolutionary new approach to architectural space. Here we confront the twin genius of Bernini and Borromini, the two greatest rivals of their age and opposites in every aspect. Bernini's marvellous Fountain of the Four Rivers is the piazza's centrepiece, a pyramidal structure that incorporates an obelisk and culminates in the flight of a dove. Dominating the skyline above is Borromini's curving facade and bell tower of the church of Santa Agnese, where stone takes on the malleability of softest clay.
We will finish our tour of Rome in 2 extremely different piazzas of the city centre. First is bustling Camp dei Fiori with its taverns and market stall, a stop along the route pilgrims took on their way to St. Peter's and once a site of public execution and torture. By contrast Piazza Farnese is an aristocratic place of cardinals and popes. Home of the beautiful Giulia Farnese, lover of the insatiable Borgia Pope Alexandre VI and site of countless court intrigues, the piazza is dominated by two enormous basins found in the Baths of Caracalla, which were re-adapted as fountains for the popes. All this is overlooked by the Palazzo Farnese itself, sombre testament to Michelangelo's architectural talent.
Join us on this Rome group tour on a journey to truly understand the city, and see how its picturesque streets, timeless piazzas and infinite history are all just waiting to be discovered.
Inclusions for Rome At Twilight Tour Among The Piazzas And Fountains
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Rome At Twilight Tour Among The Piazzas And Fountains
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience