Rome By Night Walking Tour
OverviewStep back in time to the days of the Roman Empire on this 3-hour walking tour of Rome by night. Discover top city attractions such as the Trevi fountain, Piazza Navona and the Pantheon. Wander beneath Ancient Roman ruins at the Forum on Capitoline hill, and marvel at the mighty Colosseum. The perfect pre-dinner activity, this 3-hour guided walking tour is the ideal introduction to Rome's famous sights and nighttime ambiance. Experience the romance and beauty of Rome as the sun sets and the evening lights illuminate the city.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guideat the Colosseum in the early evening then, with the daylight fading and the city lights flickering on, set off on foot to begin your tour. Widely considered one of the worlds most beautiful cities, Rome is home to a wealth of amazing history and heritage with new revelations around every corner.
Start your tour (from outside) at the world-famous Colosseum, dramatically illuminated against the dark night sky. Once capable of holding an estimated 80,000 spectators, this masterpiece of Roman engineering has been used over the millennia for events as varied as public executions, gladiatorial bouts, religious ceremonies and theatrical re-enactments of Classical mythology. Take a tour of the spectacular amphitheaters imposing exterior and listen as your guide talks in detail of its fascinating history.
Continue on to Capitoline Hill with your guide and admire the view of the famous Roman Forum area, where the ruins of many Ancient Roman government buildings still stand. It was here, during the days of the Roman Empire, that public events such as criminal trials, market days and political rallies took place on a daily basis.
Head first to the Pantheon, initially commissioned by Marcus Agrippa during the reign of Augustus (between 27 BC and 14 AD) then rebuilt by the emperor Hadrian in around 126 AD. Explore the nearby Trevi Fountain, an icon of Rome considered by many to be one of the citys most impressive treasures.
This memorable night tour in Rome concludes with a visit to Piazza Navona- a square made famous by its three fountains by Bernini and extremely interesting anecdotes, which our guides will enthusiastically share with you.
Inclusions for Rome By Night Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Rome By Night Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Luggage storage NOT available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket