Rome Christmas Experience
OverviewDiscover Romes festive traditions, gourmet treats and glittering Christmas lights as you explore the city at its most magical time of year. Soak up the festive atmosphere as you stroll through the city with a local, seeing the wonderful Nativity scenes at St Peters Square and Piazza del Popolo and the most beautiful Christmas lights. Wander through the Eternal City, discovering well loved local traditions and indulging in classic festive treats like pandoro or panettone and strolling through the stalls of the enchanting Christmas market in the Piazza Navona. With a local to share their citys Christmas magic, youll discover the most loved traditions, getting in to the festive spirit in no time!
Know More about this tour
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Join a like-minded local to explore the historic heart of Rome while the piazzas are draped in twinkling lights and the markets are adorned with traditional Christmas garlands, and soak up the festive atmosphere together. Do like the locals do and visit the famous Christmas Nativity scenes at St Peters Square and the Twin Churches in Piazza del Popolo, getting into the festive spirit like the Romans do. Wander through the famous streets like via dei Contti as well as the smaller cobbled backstreets your local will guide you through, as theyre draped in enchanting Christmas lights and admire the decorations and extravagant window displays. Visit the atmospheric Christmas market in the Piazza Navona to buy gifts and try the festive culinary treats that are a well loved Christmas tradition in Rome. Learn about other Christmas traditions from your local as you explore the city and markets, maybe stopping to enjoy a glass of wine or hot chocolate.
- Join a local to discover Romes most beautiful Christmas lights and traditional festive scenes
- Browse Christmas and foodie markets to soak up the festive atmosphere and buy some locally made gifts or decorations
- Stroll along famous shopping streets and see the glittering window displays
- Discover Christmas traditions and try festive treats and sweets in the market
- Visit the citys best loved nativity scenes
- Get recommendations from your local for other Christmas things to do during your trip
HOW IT WORKS
At CityUnscripted we connect curious travellers to Locals who are interesting and sociable people, who know the city well and who love to share their favourite places. They are not tour guides by profession. What we try to recreate is the feeling of having a friend in every city you visit; someone who can show you the places youll fall in love with and help you to connect with the most authentic soul of a place.
Book this meet-upand the CityUnscripted team will contact you within 24 hours and ask you questions about your preferences and interests, so they can match you with the right profile and assign a like-minded LocalRoman.
Keeping in mind your personal answers, your local host will put together a bespoke itinerary just for you. Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. Your host will arrange the most convenient meeting place for you.If you feel like changing direction during the meet-up, or if your local hostbelieves that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, he/she will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary.
Inclusions for Rome Christmas Experience
- * Private and personalised experience, * 3 hours with a Local Host, *One alcoholic or soft drink per person, * Meet-up atyour accommodation is possible (within a reasonable distance), * Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
Exclusions for Rome Christmas Experience
- * Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience* Tickets to any attractions* Transportation costs* Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please book at least 48 hours in advance so that we can build the best experience for you
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- Christmas Walking Tour in Rome
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour