Rome Countryside: Etruscan Highlights Of Tarquinia And CerveteriWrite a Review
From USD 576.27
OverviewOn this tour you will learn about the etruscan civilization and you will have the chance to see and vist Tarquinia and Cerveteri, two of Italy’s great Etruscan cities, whose origins could date from as far back as the 9th century B.C and famous for a number of Etruscan necropolises.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourToday you will learn about the etruscan civilization and you will have the chance to see and vist Tarquinia and Cerveteri, two of Italy’s great Etruscan cities, whose origins could date from as far back as the 9th century B.C and famous for a number of Etruscan necropolises.
Our first stop will be in Tarquinia, one of the most ancient of Etruscan cities in the area and famous for its archaeological remains.
Tarquinia is custodian of an incredible number of treasures, including very old constructions, ancient palazzi and historic churches; all of which serve as an extraordinary testimony to the past of this town. The necropolis of Tarquinia, also known as Monterozzi, contains 6,000 graves cut in the rock. It is famous for its 200 painted tombs, the earliest of which date from the 7th century BC.
Leaving Tarquinia we will drive through the beautiful countryside in the Maremma rich of historic and cultural sites to our next destination, Cerveteri, another of the great Etruscan cities in Italy. There you can visit the necropolis of Cerveteri, often referred to as a “city of the dead,” is quite large and has been planned with the same organization as a town.The museum in Cerveteri is worth a look. It’s in an old castle on the charming central piazza. Here you can admire Etruscan art and artifacts found locally, including the contents of some of the tombs. An innovative design puts the Archaeological Museum of Cerveteri at the first place in the world for technology. It works as a smartphone: you touch a casket and begins an exciting journey into the world of the Etruscans. Cerveteri is also known in the world for the production of good wine, cheese, artichokes, also for the famous boar of Tolfa hills. For lunch your driver/guide will be happy to suggest some of the best typical restaurants in the area.
After lunch travelling through the charming, picturesque countryside with its abundant vineyards and centuries-old olive groves, we reach the medieval borough of Ceri, a tiny village settled on a tufaceous spur of volcanic origin. At the conclusion of the tour we will drive you back to your hotel or any other place of your convenience in Rome. This tour can be further customized and is conducted by an English-speaking chauffeur/guide that will not enter sites, but drive you around and show you places, pointing out things while explaining what they are, as well as stopping at the places that require a visit and helping you access them.
Inclusions for Rome Countryside: Etruscan Highlights Of Tarquinia And Cerveteri
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Rome Countryside: Etruscan Highlights Of Tarquinia And Cerveteri
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour