Rome Day Trip From Milan By Train
OverviewLeave Milan by high-speed train and spend the day sightseeing in Rome. After a 3.5-hour morning train journey to Rome, you’ll have the rest of the day to explore the historic city independently. Take a hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour and listen to audio commentary as you cruise around on an open-top double-decker bus to landmarks such as the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. If selected, enjoy hassle-free entry to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel with a skip-the-line ticket. Upgrade to travel business class.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourRise early and make your own way to Milan Central Station to board your high-speed train to Rome. After a 3.5-hour journey, step off the train at Rome Termini Station and head out into the Eternal City for a day of independent sightseeing.
With your complimentary city map and 24-hour hop-on hop-off bus ticket, set your own sightseeing itinerary. Travel quickly and easily between all of Romes major historical sights including the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.
Hop on and off at your lesiure, or take it easy and stay on the bus for the full route, enjoying the views from the open-air top deck and listening to the audio commentary. Take a break from sightseeing and cool down with a heavenly gelato or fill up on toothsome plates of pasta. Whatever you choose do to, the schedule is up to you.
After around eight hours in Rome, hop back on the high-speed train and whiz back to Milan.
Business-Class Tickets:Book a business-class seat and travel in style from Milan to Rome and back again.
Business-Class Tickets and Skip-the-Line Entry to the Vatican Museums:Make the most of your limited time in Rome by booking a skip-the-line ticket to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Zip past the queues and browse the incredible collection of the Vatican Museums, which includes magnificent Renaissance treasures by Raphael.
Finish up at the Sistine Chapel, where you can gaze upward at what many people consider to be the highlight of the Vatican: Michelangelos breathtaking ceiling fresco The Creation of Adam.
Inclusions for Rome Day Trip From Milan By Train
- Standard round-trip high-speed train ticket between Milan and Rome
- Rome hop-on hop-off bus tour ticket (valid for 24 hours)
- Rome city map
- Business-class round-trip high-speed train ticket between Milan and Rome (if option selected)
- Skip-the-line ticket for Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel (if option selected)
Exclusions for Rome Day Trip From Milan By Train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Itinerary:Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour Stops:
- Via Marsala (Termini Station)
- Santa Maria Maggiore
- Circus Maximus
- Piazza Venezia
- St Peter’s Basilica and Vatican City
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza di Spagna
- Piazza Barberini
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Once the booking is submitted all sales are final, non-changeable, non-transferable and incur 100% cancellation penalties
You Might Also Like
- Milan Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Milan Airports Private Transfers to Milan City Centre or Vice Versa
- 4-Day Dolomites Tour from Milan
- 1.5-Hour Milan Segway Tour
- Private Tour: A Stroll Around Milanese Historical Craft Shops
- Discovering Milan on the Historic Tram
- Milan Gourmet Italian Food Tour
- Private Milan Wine Tasting with Italian Sommelier