The Rome Evening Food Experience is a 4 hrs guided restaurant hopping tour that explores the richness of Italian cuisine and tradition with an emphasis in Roman eno-gastronomic heritage. Your small group of 6 participants will learn a mixture of history and food of the last centuries, you will be taken into a beautiful tour through Rome's historic center mixing rustic trattorie, to typical street-food onto fancy and unique high-end restaurants.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All-inclusive tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourThis amazing and unique experience will commence at 6:30 pm which is the perfect time for Italian's favorite evening past-time, the Aperitivo. Meeting in the beautiful Piazza delle Tartarughe, your small group will be greeted by a guide/sommelier who will introduce you to the historical relevance of the location and the importance and tradition of Aperitivo. You will enter the first location for a welcome glass of prosecco, and typical Italian finger food.
With your sommelier and small group, you will then enter the Jewish Ghetto, the oldest still-lived in Jewish quarter of the western world. It goes without saying that cuisine here is considered to be Rome's original, in the very sense of the word. You will visit the deepest center of this marvelous neighborhood and after a short explanation of the importance of Jewish culture in our food, you will enter the second location to try gourmet artichoke alla giudea and fiori di zucca accompanied by another sip of wonderful prosecco. Italians say "l'appetito vien mangiando", which literally means "appetite comes with eating", and so after trying some of the most fantastic fried food of Rome, you will continue with your sommelier towards the city's beautiful historical center. A short walk will help you get ready for the next amazing experiences, but be aware that the guides are history buffs and always will entertain you about the surrounding beauty, connecting it with fun anecdotes about food and Romans.
In the 60s and 70s Rome saw a boom of street-food, in the proper sense of it. Small shops would open to serve Romans with typical "a portar via" (to go), such as pizza by the slice (pizza al taglio). In this walk between the Jewish quarter and the Pantheon you will experience the eternal city's best rated pizza by the slice and suppl. Learn the history of Roman and Italian pizza, understand the difference between thick and thin, between pinza and pizza, and enjoy authentic flavors while walking towards the next restaurant.
You will then reach the Pantheon and will be able to sitin one of Rome's most glamorous restaurants. Your sommelier will have reserved tables for the group to enjoy home-made Roman pasta accompanied by localwine. Your guide will explain the history of pasta, the importance of these particular chosen dishes and their connection with the history of the city, while you take pictures, eat and enjoy the view of Rome's iconic symbol.
The experience is not over.The pasta was delicious, the atmosphere was fantastic, but it can all be made better with Rome's n.1 gelato just around the corner. This authentic gelateria has their laboratory in the back and makes tasty gelato with all that nature has to provide by the season.
The proposed menu can be slightly altered for people with food allergies.
Inclusions for Rome Evening Food Experience
- Food tasting
- Glass of Champagne
- 4-course dinner
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Rome Evening Food Experience
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Dress code is smart casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Pre/Post Cruise Private Sightseeing City Tour - Abu Dhabi
- Ayutthaya Temples Tour - Private Basis
- Visit To Pattaya Tower With Tower Jump & Lunch
- Tiger Kingdom Phuket
- Dolphins Bay Phuket
- Sanctuary Of Truth - Pattaya
- Bollywood Tour - Mumbai
- Snorkeling At Koh Rok With Lunch
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Private City Tour & High Tea Emirates Palace Combo