Rome Food Walking Tour
OverviewFind the best food spots in town on a 4-hour Rome Food Walking Tour! Led by a local food-loving guide, your tour includes nine regional food tastings as you explore Rome's foodie neighborhood -- Testaccio. Meet colorful traders at a gourmet market and hear recipe secrets from the people behind Rome's oldest food traditions. Sample gelato at Rome's oldest gelateria, taste fresh pasta in an award-winning trattoria, relax with wine and more -- a must-do culinary experience in Rome!
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourYour Rome food walking tour takes you off the beaten tourist path to the historic Roman neighborhood called Testaccio, and ideal place to get a real taste of Rome. Savor its delicious food, soak in its vibrant culture, and meet the people who keep so many wonderful food traditions alive.
After meeting your expert guide, head off to discover the culinary gems around this must-see foodie district. As you walk, hear tales of Rome's lesser-known history from your guide, and see sights that many tourist maps miss, such as Rome's only pyramid and the Protestant Cemetery, where the poet John Keats is buried.
Visit the legendary Barberini pastry shop to try its mouth-watering Italian pastries that have been sold for over 50 years. Then, browse gourmet produce at a bustling local food market. While shopping, your guide will introduce you to some of the more colorful characters who work there. Make your own bruschetta and try real buffalo mozzarella at the famous Testaccio Market.
Continue your tour to one of the neighborhood's best kept secrets, Trappizino, to try suppli, every Roman's favorite fried rice ball. Sample some of Rome's best pasta along with wine at one of Rome's best restaurants for authentic Roman cuisine.
Further highlights include visits to the Giolitti Caffe and Gelateria, where artisan gelato has been made for over a century. Next stop is fantastic Volpetti cheese shop, home to 150 regional cheeses.
After eating your way around Rome's foodie heaven, you'll end up two blocks from where your tour began, approximately a 5-minute walk to all major public transport options.
Inclusions for Rome Food Walking Tour
- Nine food tastings
- Local guide
- Copy of the 'Local Food Lover's Guide to Rome' publication
Exclusions for Rome Food Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Places visited during your tour are subject to change
Vegetarian, vegan, glucose-free and lactose-intolerant dietary restrictions are catered to. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.