Head to a gourmet wine tasting establishment in central Rome and enjoy local delicacies and fine Lazio wines during a 2.5-hour tasting session. Enjoy a light meal of fresh pasta, bread, dessert and six different wines while learning about the regional cuisine from the bars owner (a sommelier) who will be your host. If your taste buds are tempted for more, upgrade to spend an extra hour in the bar, and enjoy several light platters featuring local cheese, six different types of salami and ham plus a selection of cold meats and smoked fish.
Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group experience, ensuring youll enjoy personalized attention from your host.
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly host inside one of Rome’s best enotecas (wine bars), roughly halfway between Campo de' Fiori and Piazza Farnese, and then sit down at your table. The establishment is fast gaining a reputation as the best gourmet eatery in town. Meet the charismatic owner-come-sommelier and hear about local wine production and regional cuisine throughout the Lazio region.
Sip on six different glasses of Lazio wine, and discover how their flavors are complemented by food. Italians rarely drink without eating, so follow the lead of your host and savor a typical light Roman pasta dish (perhaps cannelloni or lasagne with vegetables in a white wine sauce) with chunks of artisan bread. A dessert wine called recioto di amarone della Valpolicella is then served with a sweet Roman dessert.
Whet your appetite for more? Upgrade to enjoy a further two courses! After the first course (as described above), you'll also enjoy tomato bruschetta, pasta alla carbonara dressed with tomato and olives, pecorino romano DOP cheese, fresh ricotta, porchetta (pork roasted with rosemary), roman sausage, then ciambelline al vino (wine cookies) or tozzetti (almond and lemon biscuits).
Inclusions for Rome Gourmet Food And Wine Tasting
- Professional host
- 6 samples of wine
- Light meal
- Platters of salami, cured meats, cheese and smoked fish will also be served (if upgrade option selected)
- Soft drinks for under 20 years old
Exclusions for Rome Gourmet Food And Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Seasonal variations in roman cuisine and the wines served may come to pass
Minimum age for wine tasting is 21 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.