Explore the historical highlights of Rome on this 3-hour Segway tour. Led by an expert tour leader, coast through the medieval streets to witness must-sees such as the Pantheon and Spanish Steps. Cruise around Piazza Navona, explore Piazza del Campidoglio, and see the Church of SantâÂÂÂÂIganzio di Loyola before tossing a coin into Trevi Fountain in the hope of returning to the Eternal City. Far easier than walking, itâÂÂÂÂs a fun, effortless way to sightsee. Enjoy personalized attention from your tour leader on this small-group tour, limited to eight people.
- All necessary equipment included
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly tour leader in central Rome and enjoy an orientation session on your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. You’ll also receive an iPod with an audio-visual overview of each stop, so you can get a quick lowdown on each site featured on your tour.
Once you feel comfortable on your Segway, follow your tour leader into Rome’s historic center and glide around its medieval streets and piazzas.
See the ruins of the Roman Forum and stop at the oval-shaped Piazza del Campidoglio, designed by Michelangelo in 1538. Snap photos here and then navigate around the bustling Campo de’ Fiori on route to the Piazza Navona. Here, stop to admire the masterpiece that is Fountain of the Four Rivers, designed by the celebrated sculptor Bernini in 1651.
Absorb the ebullient atmosphere of the square, a mecca for street artists, and then continue to the Pantheon. View the stately exterior of this incredible temple that was rebuilt by the Emperor Hadrian in 126 AD, and if time allows, head inside to see its freestanding dome.
Next, stop at the Church of Sant’Ignazio di Loyola, and if time permits, go inside to witness its spectacular ceiling fresco by Andrea Pozzo.
Arrive at the Trevi Fountain and pause to toss a coin into its waters for good luck. Then, ride to the Spanish Steps on the Piazza di Spagna. Admire this butterfly-shaped staircase and hear how it was constructed between 1723 and 1725 in rich Baroque style.
Afterward, ride back to your starting point where your tour comes to an end.
Please note: the order of activities as described above may be subject to change on the day of your tour.
Inclusions for Rome Highlights Segway Tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Segway tour with iPod audio-guide
- Audio-video iPod presentation for each stop
- English speaking Tour Leader
- Segway Rental
- Skip the Line Colosseum Ticket which will not be used during the tour but can be used at any time during regular operating days & hours (if option selected)
Exclusions for Rome Highlights Segway Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees (If option not selected)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 16 years
Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
Not recommended for pregnant women
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.