Rome In A Day: Vatican And Colosseum With Skip The Line
OverviewEnjoy skip the line access and uncover the history of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica on this full-day guided tour. Enjoy a walking tour of the most famous art collection in the world at the Vatican Museums. Have a relaxed lunch in Rome's city center then visit the Colosseum and ancient Rome.
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourNo trip to Rome is complete without a visit to the Vatican Museums. Home to 54 different galleries including four statue museums: Museo Pio-Clementino, Museo Chiaramonti, Museo Gregoriano Etrusco and the Museo Gregoriano Egiziano. These museums are home to some of the most famous works of art in the world, with artists including Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Carvaggio, Raphael and Giotto, just to name a few. Rendezvous with your guide at the meeting point at 8:30am and head out on an experience that is sure to inspire the art lover in anyone.
Head to the 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums, the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483, The Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artwork located within. View many of the most famous frescoes in the world, including the famous ceiling and "The Last Judgement" painted by Michelangelo. Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, it is still used for religious purposes such as the Papal conclave, the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
Visit the popular pilgrimage site, St. Peter's Basilica, one of the largest in the world and a shining example of Renaissance architecture.
After visiting the Vatican Museums, take a tasty stop in a typical restaurant for a 3-course meal before your visit to the Colosseum area.
After lunch, it's off to the Colosseum, one of the most popular and amazing structures in the entire world. Access the Colosseum with no line and be ready to enter into the legend. Learn about the architecture and history of this massive amphitheater which hosted ancient Romans, Senators, Emperors and Gladiators as well as animals from all over the world.
In April thru October you'll have the opportunity to visit Palatine Hill, the place of foundation of Rome and the Roman Forum from the inside. November thru March you'll discover the Capitol Hill, actual site of the Mayor of Rome, and offering the most beautiful view on the Roman Forum.
Inclusions for Rome In A Day: Vatican And Colosseum With Skip The Line
- Exclusive skip the line entrance to the Vatican Museums as official tour operator partners
- Entrance tickets with exclusive skip the line service at the Colosseum
- Professional guide
- Wireless audio headset to assist with hearing guide
- Lunch in a typical Italian restaurant (3 courses) only for the pickup option
- Hotel pickup (only for centrally located hotels in Rome) exclusivelyfor the lunch option
- Transportation during the tour only for tour type with lunch and pickup
Exclusions for Rome In A Day: Vatican And Colosseum With Skip The Line
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
On Wednesday morning tours: the visit inside St. Peter's Basilica is substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library due to the Papal Audience taking place every Wednesday
Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays at security checks when entering the Colosseum
This tour visits religious sites, and a dress code will be enforced. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats allowed
If you have a pacemaker you will need to show a certificate, otherwise you will not be admitted without being screened
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome