Learn the stories behind the grand monuments of Rome, discover the Colosseum, the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill and finally the mysterious Catacombs
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourAfter being picked up from your hotel (if centrally located and accessible), begin your day with a visit to two of the most important archeological areas of Rome.
Walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire. Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw dropping Roman architecture. Learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70/80 AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the amphitheater is estimated to have once held 50,000/80,000 spectators. Your pass allows you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly. Once inside, breathe in the bloody past of the monument, brought to life by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history.
Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine. Continuing the walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat. Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge to continue exploring Rome.
Before the second part of the tour, enjoy a typical Italian lunch included in the price and then continue the visit to two of the most important Basilicas in the world; the Basilicas of Saint John in Lateran and Saint Mary Major.
The Basilica of Saint John in Lateran is the oldest of Rome's four main basilicas, and is home to the Holy Steps, one of the city's most important pilgrimage sites. From there, head to the Basilica of Saint Mary Major, which houses an amazing collection of historic and religious artifacts. Admire 5th century mosaics and the remarkable Crypt of the Nativity.
Then continue along the historic Appian way with your guide, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis before arriving at the ancient Roman underground Catacombs. Explore these remarkable subterranean cemeteries, some of which were started in the 2nd century. See amazing historic artwork in the catacombs, and learn about how these underground passageways give a window into the early days of Christianity.
Inclusions for Rome In One Day: Colosseum And Catacombs Tour With Skip The Line
- Pickup from centrally located hotels (within the Aurelian Walls)
- Access tickets to the monuments (Colosseum, Basilicas and Catacombs)
- Transport from the Colosseum to the second part of the tour
- A typical Italian lunch with delicious pizza and bruschetta
- Skip the line pass
Exclusions for Rome In One Day: Colosseum And Catacombs Tour With Skip The Line
- Optional gratuities
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Pickup service is provided from centrally located hotels.
Please write an e-mail 24 hours before the tour starts to arrange your pickup time.
Hotel pickup may be as early as one hour prior to tour start time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to agreed pickup time.
Important: due to Colosseum security checks, large bags, trolleys or backpacks are not allowed inside the Archaeological Area.
Please leave large items at the Hotel, to avoid bags inspection which could cause delays.
The tour includes a drop-off service in Rome City centre. You can drop off at one of the following Gray Line-I Love Rome stops: Stazione Termini, S.Maria Maggiore, Piazza Barberini, Via Ludovisi, Largo Santa Susanna.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour