Rome Jewish Ghetto And The Great Synagogue
OverviewWe will take you to the antique area of Trastevere to discover the world's oldest Jewish Ghetto. We will visit this small neighborhood delimited by the Tiber river on one side and Venice Square on the other side. The quarter was built in 1555 under Pope Paul IV who revoked all rights granted to the Roman Jews. Visiting this area is a really strong cultural and religious experience, due also to the Synagogueand the Jewish museum.
Know More about this tourItinerary:
- Meeting at the entrance of the Synaghogue, located at Lungotevere de' Cenci in Trastevere.
- Visit the ruins of the Theater of Marcello and Portico of Ottavia, where in ancient times was set a large fish market.
- Walk through Via del Portico of Ottavia and Piazza delle cinque scole, where there were all the liturgical Jewish schools.
- Walk thorough Piazza Giudea, Vicolo della Reginella, Piazza Mattei (with its beautiful fountain of the turtles) , Via dei falegnami, Piazza Margana and Piazza in Campitelli.
- Visit of the Great Synagogue and the Jewish museum, with an internal guide.
***The Jewish Museum closing days in 2018***
- On Saturdays
- March 1st
- April 5th, 6th, 7th and 19th
- May 20th and 21st
- July 22nd
- September 9th, 10th, 11th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th and 25th
- October 1st and 2nd
Inclusions for Rome Jewish Ghetto And The Great Synagogue
- - Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour., - The reservation of a private guide from the internal staff, to visit the Synagogue and the Jewish museum., - Entrance fees., - All taxes
Exclusions for Rome Jewish Ghetto And The Great Synagogue
- - Meals- Transportation
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Activity Level: Minimal
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Child friendly with parental supervison
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket