- Meeting at the entrance of the Synaghogue, located at Lungotevere de' Cenci in Trastevere.
- Visit the ruins of the Theater of Marcello and Portico of Ottavia, where in ancient times was set a large fish market.
- Walk through Via del Portico of Ottavia and Piazza delle cinque scole, where there were all the liturgical Jewish schools.
- Walk thorough Piazza Giudea, Vicolo della Reginella, Piazza Mattei (with its beautiful fountain of the turtles) , Via dei falegnami, Piazza Margana and Piazza in Campitelli.
- Visit of the Great Synagogue and the Jewish museum, with an internal guide.
***The Jewish museum closing days in 2018***
- On Saturdays
- March 1st
- April 5th, 6th, 7th and 19th
- May 20th and 21st
- July 22nd
- September 9th, 10th, 11th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th and 25th
- October 1st and 2nd
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 3 Hrs
Departure Time :
9am, 10am, 11am, 12am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm (on request)
Departure Details :
Lungotevere de' Cenci, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
We will take you to the antique area of Trastevere to discover the world's oldest Jewish ghetto.
We will visit this small neighborhood delimited by the Tiber river on one side and Venice Square on the other side. The quarter was built in 1555 under Pope Paul IV who revoked all rights granted to the Roman Jews.
Visiting this area is a really strong cultural and religious experience, due also to the Synagogueand the Jewish museum.
Closing dates in 2019:
March 21; April 19 - 21 - 26; May 9;
June 9 - 10; August 11; September 29 - 30;
October 1, 8 - 9, 13 - 14 - 15, 20, 21, 22
Know More about this tour
Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour.
The reservation of a private guide from the internal staff, to visit the Synagogue and the Jewish museum.
Admission fees at the Jewish Museum
Entry/Admission - Via Portico d'Ottavia
Entry/Admission - Museo Ebraico di Roma
Entry/Admission - Teatro di Marcello
Entry/Admission - La Giudea - Antico Quartiere Ebraico
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Activity Level: Minimal
Child friendly with parental supervison
This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate