OverviewJog around Rome and see many of the city’s show-stopping attractions on this small-group, 1-hour running tour, led by a local guide. Aimed at regular runners who are comfortable running at a moderate pace, the 4-mile (6.5-km) route passes iconic Rome landmarks such as Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps and Piazza Navona, as well as quieter, lesser-known paths. Numbers limited to six people, helping the group keep an even pace and ensuring that no runner gets left behind.
- Excellent value for money
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your guide by Castel Sant'Angelo in central Rome. Start with a quick chat about your running experience, and then set off on your tour. The pace is moderate, allowing you to listen to your guide and soak up all the sights as you go.
Follow your guide along the picturesque banks of the Tiber River, passing many of the city’s beautiful bridges. Cross over Ponte Cavour and enjoy a jog alongside the Mausoleum of Augustus and Ara Pacis, an intricately carved sacrificial altar dedicated to the Roman goddess of Peace.
Then, continue to Via di Ripetta, an ancient river port, before arriving at Piazza del Popolo, a distinctive Neoclassical square. Here, make a brief stop to catch your breath and hear stories about Christine of Sweden and Giacomo Valadier, the square’s designer, as well as Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons, in which the square was featured.
Picking the pace back up, taper off onto some of Rome’s lesser-known streets including Via Margutta, which is lined with boutique stores and is where Italian film director and scriptwriter Federico Fellini once lived.
Continue on to the Spanish Steps, an impressive set of steps that date back to the 18th century. Pause to snap a selfie with your group and to admire the Fontana della Barcaccia (Sinking Boat Fountain) before heading for the famous Trevi Fountain.
After tossing a coin into the fountain’s clear waters to ensure your return trip to the Eternal City, continue on your tour of Rome’s showstoppers. Pass by the monumental Pantheon, then weave your way through the artists’ easels and stalls at Piazza Navona. As you breeze around the square, listen to your guide talk about its history and Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers, the square’s impressive centerpiece.
Your running tour then concludes back at the original start point with a final jog along the river. Upgrade to include a traditional Italian breakfast in Pantheon Square.
Inclusions for Rome Running Tour
- Local guide
- Typical Italian Breakfast (if option selected)
Exclusions for Rome Running Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Minimum age is 13 years
Youth must be accompanied by an adult
Numbers limited to six people, ensuring a small-group experience
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.