See the sights of Ancient Rome by Segway on a 3-hour tour, passing incredible monuments like the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Circus Maximus. On a self-balancing electric scooter, follow a guide around RomeâÂÂs 2000-year-old ruins, while hearing their history from an audio guide. Stop for photos by iconic sites and test RomeâÂÂs very own ancient lie detector âÂÂ the Mouth of Truth (Bocca della VeritÃ )!
This small-group tour is limited to eight people, ensuring youâÂÂll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
Know More about this tourMeet your friendly guide and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, youâll follow your guide into the downtown streets of Rome.
Glide toward the area known as Capitoline Hill, and as you approach it youâll be met with the jaw-dropping sights of Ancient Rome. Once the home of richly elaborate temples, shops, markets and government buildings, the area is now a fascinating archeological site peppered with 2,000-year-old world-famous ruins.
Head right up to it and weave around the outskirts of the Roman Forum, seeing grandiose monuments like the Arch of Constantine and Trajanâs Column. Hear the history of the site in its heyday from your audio commentary, learning about its status as the administrative center of Rome.
Pass Palentine Hill and stop for a look at Circus Maximus, the vast stretch of flat land where chariot races were once held to entertain up to 250,000 locals. Continue to the Colosseum, Romeâs iconic monument on the east side of Ancient Rome, and stop for photos while listening to commentary about the gory, yet glorified, gladiator battles that once took place inside.
After weaving through the crowds outside the ruins, take back to the streets and head to the Church of Santa Maria to see the Mouth of Truth â an intriguing marble slab. Featured in the hit 1950âs movie Roman Holiday, the ancient manhole cover is said to be a lie detector.
As you wind your way back toward the center of Rome, stop at a scenic vantage point to enjoy picture-perfect views over the city. Your tour then finishes back at the start point.
Inclusions for Rome Segway Tour
- Orientation session
- Segway tour
- Audio guide with headphones
- Wet weather jackets (if required)
- Use of helmet
Exclusions for Rome Segway Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to monuments
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Segways are appropriate for most people aged between 14 years and 70 years.
Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance.
Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 90 pounds (40 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos).
The use of Segway is appropriate for virtually anyone between 14 and 70 of age, with a minimum of 145 cm (4,75 ft) of height and over 40 kilos (90 pounds) of weight. Please note that our staff will have the right to decline accepting your child without any obligation to refund you for her/his ticket.
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes. Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway.
Not recommended for pregnant women
Please bring proof of identification with your confirmation voucher
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.