Rome Special Combo: Appian Bike Tour Plus Colosseum Official Guided Tour
OverviewExplore the ancient Appian Way by bike, and pedal along cobbles laid by the Romans many millennia ago. As you follow a guide, youll learn about the history of the road, which became a Christian burial ground. Visit San Callisto Catacombs, and see ruins such as the Tomb of Cecilia Metella on an 12-mile (20-km) route. The ride lasts about four hours and is suitable for intermediate-level cyclists. A nice snack will be offer to each participant along the ride. Moreover bypass the queue with this 1-hour skip-the-linesmall-group official Colosseum guided tour. Visit Rome's symbolic monument with a tour that makes it easy and fun for all ages. Learn about the amphitheater's history from a guide with an art and archaeology background.
Know More about this tour
Appian Bike Tour:
Take your bike at the starting point near the Colosseum. Then, put on your helmet and follow your guide along the famous Appian Way.
The ancient road has an intriguing history, so listen to your guides commentary whenever you stop. Built to connect Rome to the port city of Brindisi, the Appian Way later became an early Christian burial site with underground catacombs. Stop to explore one of the famous ones, the San Callisto Catacombs, which were built in the middle of the 2nd century.Continue past the ruined Circus of Maxentius as you pedal over ancient cobbles, laid by the Romans. See the Tomb of Cecilia Metella, a symbol of the Appian Way, and admire the countryside that stretches up to the Nymphaeum of Villa dei Quintili. Your tour goes onthrough the Caffarella Park, where you can admire incredible ruins such as the Nymphaeum of Egeria, the Tomb of Annia Regilla, Roman cistern and the Aurelian Wall. After roughly four hours on your bike, youll finish back at the start point.
WHAT YOU WILL SEE:
Ancient Appian Way,
Circus of Maxentius
Archeological Appian Park
And much more
The ride includes a detailed explanation of the archeological evidence along the way , especially concernig the aqueducts, the crown jewel of the roman engineerin. The ride is made more impressive by the surrounding nature where the ruins are deep in. The tour is mede more special by the soft drink offerred to each participant along the way.
Learn about the spectacular games and bloody battles that were held inside. Hear aboutthe techniques of construction invented by the Romans, the incredible ability of the gladiators, the violent fighting between exotic animals and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Walk around the first tiers and reach the arena to learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games. Your guide will keep you entertained with stories ofsea-battles, the cages where lions were kept before the games started, the rooms in which gladiators were waiting before they reached the arena, the executions, and the excitement of the spectators attending the most spectacular, fantastic, and expensive games in human history.After exploring the first level you will reach the second tiers to enjoy the best inside and outside view and of the Colosseum. The tour will end in front of the official book shop of the Colosseum where you can find a wide assortment of books about the Colosseum. Your tour guide will be at disposal to answer all of your questions and curiosities.
Inclusions for Rome Special Combo: Appian Bike Tour Plus Colosseum Official Guided Tour
- tour guide
- soft drink
- Colosseum guided tour
- Small-group walking tour
- Professional tour guide
- Skip the line, special entrance
- Colosseum ticket
Exclusions for Rome Special Combo: Appian Bike Tour Plus Colosseum Official Guided Tour
- Pick up and dropp off service
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
confortable shoes are recommended
please stay at the meeting point 20 minutes prior
activity not available for children under 10 years old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- Christmas Walking Tour in Rome
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour