Rome Streets: Day Tour, No Museums
OverviewDiscover the great romantic charm of Rome and travel back in time to live the past grandeur of the Roman Empire. Rome Streets Tour is a fabulous introduction and a chance to become orientated with Romes often confusing complex of ancient streets.Stroll the streets of Rome and see all major attractions from outside only. No Museums, no churches, no long lines! Try samplings of Italian food and end just in time for you to enjoy a snack and a classic aperitivo in one of the typical restaurants or bars in the area.
Know More about this tour
Enjoy Rome's romance and charm on a walking tour to discover the local life. Rome Streets 5 hour guided walking tour takes you back to the citys magnificent Roman Empire times.
Join an experienced local guide to take you along the ancient streets to see some of Romes most famous historic sites. Learn all about the history of the empire, including secrets and legends of Roman culture.
Walking tours is by far the best way to learn about the ins and outs of the city, its people and its charm. Discover the city centre at the Piazza Venezia, which marks the start of the Via dei Fori Imperiali. Continue by walking along this famous street, admiring the Roman Forum and the Colosseum along the way. Hear your guide telling you stories of Rome, its history and even some of its secrets while you admire the grandeur along this ancient street, which was built for Benito Mussolini.
Explore Old Rome, where you will visit some of the top must-sees of the city, including Piazza Navona and Piazza del Popolo. Both of these squares are spectacular, with Piazza Navona being home to the famous Bernini Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi, while Piazza del Popolo features an impressive Egyptian obelisk of Ramesses II.
You will then walk along Via del Corso, which cuts through the centre of Rome. This ancient street runs from the Piazza del Popolo south to Piazza Venezia.
On the way, you will get the chance to see Europe like a local, passing by painters, musicians and other streets artists. The pedestrian street is also home to immersive landmarks, like the church of San Carlo al Corso, the church of San Marcello al Corso, Piazza Colonna and the Oratory of Santissimo Crocifisso.
Missing the monumental Spanish Steps on any Rome guided tour is a definite no. This is one of the last stops on the tour, with a climb to the top being a must.
The last stop on our 5 hour walking tour of Rome is the magnificent Trevi Fountain, which is one of the worlds most famous fountains. Standing at over 26 metres high, this incredible fountain was designed by architect Nicola Salvi and completed by Pietro Bracci in 1762.
Inclusions for Rome Streets: Day Tour, No Museums
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Rome Streets: Day Tour, No Museums
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome