Rome Suburra Neighborhood Wine Tasting & Walking Tour
OverviewOn this tour I propose awalk through the Suburra district, which to me is one of the most fascinating areas of the Eternal City. I will explain the history of this unique neighborhood, from its beginnings as a dangerous center for brothels and drug-trade to its present, as a hub for art galleries, trendy restaurants and wine bars. Along the way, I will take you to some ofmyfavoritelocal spots, including a wine bar, where we will try two wonderful local Italian wines. We will also share some typical appetizers, the perfect aperitivo before a night out on the town.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
- Meet mein the heart of the Suburra district, at the Piazza Suburra
- Guided visit around the Rione Monti and explanation of the fascinating history of Suburra.
- Visit a popular local wine bar to taste two Italian wines and appetizers
This tour highlights one of my favorite areas of Roma theSuburra district. You may have heard of the Italian TV show Suburra? If so, you may be wondering about what makes this neighborhood so unique. Join me and I will show you, on this wonderful adventure, complete with awine tasting and delicious local snacks!
After touring the most famous attractions and landmark sites that Rome has to offer, take an afternoon to relax in a more laid-back tour format with a glass of wine and awalk through the vibrant Suburra neighborhood. You will be accompanied by a local Roman guide who will explain to you the fascinating history of Suburra, which was once a red-light district full of brothels and disreputable businesses but has today become ahub for art galleries and wine bars. You will walk along the Rione Monti, visiting secret local hangouts not mentioned in your guidebooks. Along the way, you will stop totaste two wonderful local wines, along with some delicious bite-sized appetizers. Discover Rome from a local perspective on this alternative city tour, featuring the unique Suburra neighborhood.
Inclusions for Rome Suburra Neighborhood Wine Tasting & Walking Tour
- WHAT I'LL INCLUDE
- Guided tour of Suburra neighborhood
- 2 wine tastings with appetizers
Exclusions for Rome Suburra Neighborhood Wine Tasting & Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
IVANO & MARIA
Ready to show you the Eternal City, are our two Roman ambassadors - Maria and Ivano. After studying at the Metropolitan University of Tourism Management, Maria honed her skills in tourism by working in business development for travel agencies and Spanish tourism company Veturis. A multi-faceted and quadrilingual lover of travel, Maria has also worked at Access Italy, dedicating herself to planning personalized holidays around Italy. Ivano, meanwhile, has spent most of his professional career in the food industry. After a year spent travelling around the USA, he moved to London to work for famous Italian restaurant Bertorelli, before returning to work at a family restaurant in Rome.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience