OverviewTake advantage of a unique 2-hour audio-guided combo tour of the Basilica and of St Peters Cupola. Avoid the long lines to access both the church and the dome. You will enjoy the spectacular views of the Eternal City and of the Vatican City State while admiring the incredible masterpieces preserved inside the greatest of all churches. Moreover, at the end of your visit you will have an interactive postcard souvenir to keep or mail to your loved ones using Vatican stamps. Your tour ends at St. Peter's Square.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Skip the line
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourMeet in front of the Vatican post office to be escorted inside one of Rome's most famous and magnificent sites and the famous Cupola of St. Peter's Basilica, the highest point in the city of Rome, without the long lines.
St. Peter's Basilica, built in the Renaissance style with a central dome that dominates the skyline, is the primary temple of Christianity. As you enter the church, you will notice that its interior is much bigger than any other cathedral.
Your 2-hour audio-guided tour provides the opportunity to visit the Basilica at your own pace. You can decide where to begin your tour whether it be in the heart of the Basilica; beneath the high altar and Bernini's Baldachin; La Pieta, the masterpiece of Michelangelo Buonarroti; or at St. Peter's bronze statue.
Then, use the Basilica's elevator to reach the base of the dome, avoiding 171 steps. From this point you will have amazing views of the interior of the Basilica. Climb roughly 300 steps to the very top of the dome, which is called La Lanterna, or The Lantern, in Italian. From there, you can admire spectacular views of the Eternal City that are not available anywhere else. See the Vatican Gardens, the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and the chimney used during the election of popes.
Receive an interactive postcard as a souvenir of your visit to the Vatican, which you can keep for yourself or send to your loved ones, taking advantage of Vatican stamps which are available at our welcome desks.
Your tour concludes at St. Peter's Square.
Inclusions for Rome Super Saver: St. Peter's Basilica And Cupola Interactive Audio-Guided Tour
- Audio-guided combo tour
- Priority line to St. Peter's Basilica (the entrance is free)
- Dome entrance ticket
- Elevator to the first level of the dome
- Interactive postcard with Vatican stamp
Exclusions for Rome Super Saver: St. Peter's Basilica And Cupola Interactive Audio-Guided Tour
- Earphones (bring your own or purchase them at the desk for €1.00)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Optional activity costs
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Important: The elevator brings you to the first level of the dome. To reach the top you will need to climb approximately 300 additional steps. This tour is not recommended for claustrophobic people, those who suffer from vertigo, have walking difficulty or are over 75 years old
Photography is allowed
When you receive the audio-guide, you will be required to leave an ID on deposit, which will be returned at the end of your visit
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not wheelchair accessible
No personal food or drink allowed
On Wednesdays, access to St. Peter's Basilica and Square may be closed at the time of the morning tour due to the Papal Audience
Clients must arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time and present their voucher to the staff. It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point
Please note: Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation last entrance will be at 3pm
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.