Rome: Trastevere, Jewish Ghetto Walking Tour
OverviewEnjoy a small group walking tour of max 8 peopleDiscover Trastevere with a specialist guide who has superb local knowledgeSee some of Rome's most important churches and synagoguesUnderstand a very old Jewish community in the heart of EuropeTrastevere is a charming neighborhood in Rome that is filled with narrow winding streets, alleyways and pedestrian squares.Discover a fascinating Jewish Ghetto and see Jewish-owned businesses and kosher restaurants in everyday local life.
Know More about this tourDiscover Rome's Jewish Ghetto; or Roman Ghetto, established in 1555 by Pope Paul IV for the 5,000 Jews that lived in Rome at the time. The former walled quarter sits close to the river Tiber, and today is one of the most fascinating quarters of the city. Our 3 hour Rome Trastevere walking tour starts in this quarter, before taking you over the Tiber to the historic Trastevere neighbourhood.
Trastevereis a picturesque neighbourhood that dates back to medieval times.It is a charming area that is filled with narrow winding streets, alleyways and pedestrian squares. These 2 areas are often overlooked by tourists, but we offer intimate walking tours of these magnificent neighbourhoods, taking you to their top landmarks.
Walking around these neighbourhoods is the best way to see all of the monuments and landmarks, as well as get a great feeling for this Bohemian area of Rome.
Rome Trastevere walking tour starts in the Jewish Ghetto, where you will learn about theJewish history and presence in Rome, which is still very much visible today.
Led by an experienced guide, see Jewish-owned businesses, visit kosher restaurants and, when possible, even take you to theSynagogue of Rome.The Porticus Octaviaeis one of the most recognised landmarks in the ghetto, which sits in the middle ofPiazza Mattei.
Your guide will then take you across the river Tiber to Trastevere, which was once home to the wealthy Etruscans. Here, you will visit some of Romes most important churches, includingSanta Cecilia, the Basilica of Santa Maria and San Francesco a Ripa.
On this 3 hour Rome Trastevere walking tour you will also see thePonte Rotto, which is the oldest stone bridge in all of Rome.
Inclusions for Rome: Trastevere, Jewish Ghetto Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Rome: Trastevere, Jewish Ghetto Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience