Rome Vintage Fiat 500 Self-Drive Tour By Convoy
OverviewTravel back in time to 1950s Italy on this 3-hour driving tour in Rome. Get behind the wheel of a vintage Fiat 500 and follow your expert guide through the Italian capitals pretty streets in your chic, candy-colored car. Cruise along streets inaccessible to larger vehicles, passing by top Rome attractions such as the Colosseum, Circus Maximus and the Mouth of Truth. Look through the Aventine Keyhole and take in the beauty of the Garden of the Oranges and other lesser-known sights. Numbers limited to 10, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at a garage near the Colosseum in central Rome, and be introduced to your very own, candy-colored vintage Fiat 500. Commonly known as a Cinquecento, Fiat 500s first made their mark on the Italian motoring scene in the late 1950s as a stylish yet affordable vehicle.
After a safety briefing to help you get to grips with the cars manual controls, climb into the driver's seat and prepare to begin your tour of Romes many highlights. Line up behind your guides vehicle, and then make your way out of the garage and onto the Eternal Citys quieter roads, traveling in a kaleidoscopic convoy.
Push back the soft-top roof and feel the sun on your face and the breeze in your hair as you cruise at a leisurely pace through Romes pretty streets. See showstoppers such as the Colosseum, Arch of Constantine, the Mouth of Truth and Circus Maximus, and stop from time to time for photos and to learn about the sites' fascinating histories from your guide.
Youll also travel off the beaten path, driving along streets that may be inaccessible to larger vehicles, and taking in gems such as the charming Piazza dei Cavalieri di Malta (Piazza of the Knights of Malta), the Garden of the Oranges, the Aventine Keyhole and the vibrant Trastevere neighborhood.
During your tour, enjoy a break for a delicious Italian coffee or a refreshing gelato (own expense). After around three hours, your tour concludes back at the original start point.
Please note: Fiat 500s are small compared to most of todays cars, so with comfort in mind, bookings are only accepted for a maximum of three adults, or two adults and two children, per car. Should your group be larger, no worries up to 10 people can book, and each group will be divided into separate cars.
Inclusions for Rome Vintage Fiat 500 Self-Drive Tour By Convoy
- Professional guide
- Use of a vintage Fiat 500
Exclusions for Rome Vintage Fiat 500 Self-Drive Tour By Convoy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age for children: 5 years
Minimum age for the driver: 18 years
The driver must be in possession of a valid European Union driving license or International Driving Permit.
Drivers must have sufficient experience driving a manual transmission vehicle. The Company reserves the right to refuse renting a car to a person who does not have sufficient experience driving manual transmission vehicles. No refund will be made in these instances.
Please wear closed-toe shoes only, no sandals or flip flops
Due to the size of the car, this tour is not suitable for passengers who weigh over 220 pounds (100 kg) or who are taller than 6.2 feet (1.9 meters)
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome