Rosslyn Chapel, Dunfermline Abbey And Stirling Castle Day Tour From Edinburgh
OverviewThis is the undisputed tour for history lovers. We journey through Scottish history stopping at Dunfermline Abbey, Stirling Castle and finally Rosslyn Chapel and tell you the stories of these incredible places and 'Braveheart', 'Williwam Wallace', 'Robert the Bruce' and the 'Da Vinci Code' along the way.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourThis is a tour for those want to enjoy Scottish history and culture by visiting some of our most impressive and mysterious sites. We leave from Edinburghs most famous street, the Royal Mile, and head towards Dunfermline. Youll get a chance to photograph and travel over the Forth Road Bridgea Scottish icon and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our stop in Dunfermline gives you ample time to explore the Abbey Kirk here. Its a lovely church and is the burial place of Robert the Bruce; you can view his tomb here during the summer season. Well also make a quick stop at the sight of the Battle of Bannockburn- the sight of Robert the Bruce and Scotlands biggest victoryyoull have the chance to photograph Bruces magnificent statue here.
Next well head to Stirling Castlethe reconstructions of James IVs hall and James Vs palace here have raised the bar for heritage practice worldwide. Youll have over two hours here to explore the castle (own expense), see its grand rooms and learn about how life here once was. There are fantastic views from the battlements of the Wallace Monument and over the southern Highlands and the Ochil Hills. Youll learn the true tale of Braveheart from your guide!
Our final stop of the day is at Rosslyn Chapel (own expense). Dan Brown set the climatic scenes of his novel The Da Vinci Code here you may recognise it from the film of the same name. You could spend hours mesmerised by the intricate carvings here. It is full of mystery and intrigue, and youll learn the stories behind individual carvings. You can also take a short walk over a bridge across a stunning steeply-sided valley and stream to the nearby Rosslyn Castle.
Inclusions for Rosslyn Chapel, Dunfermline Abbey And Stirling Castle Day Tour From Edinburgh
Exclusions for Rosslyn Chapel, Dunfermline Abbey And Stirling Castle Day Tour From Edinburgh
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- St Andrews Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Day Trip to Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus from Edinburgh
- 4-Day Tour of the West Highlands and Isle of Skye from Edinburgh
- 3-Day Lake District and Hadrian's Wall Small Group Tour from Edinburgh
- 3-Day Speyside Whisky Tour from Edinburgh