Rotterdam, Delft And The Hague - Amsterdam
OverviewSee all that is typical Dutch by luxurious minivan: tulips at Keukenhof and cheese, windmills & clogs at Zaanse Schans and VolendamDuring this full day tour your first destination will be picturesque Keukenhof. After having spent some hours in the park you will continue to windmill village Zaanse Schans and the Dutch most famous fishing village Volendam. After returning to Amsterdam, you will have seen all that is typical Dutch: flowers, cheese, windmills and wooden shoes.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group tour of maximum 8 persons
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Scenic drive of the flower fields around the Keukenhof
- Entrance to Keukenhof bulb flower park.
- Explore the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Learn how Dutch cheese is being made in an old farm
- Stroll the twisting streets of Volendam, and soak up the fishing village atmosphere
- Watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
- Marvel at the landmark monuments of Volendam, including the old fish auction rooms
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide and driver at our central meetingpoint just across from Central Station Amsterdam. A comfortable, air-conditioned luxurious minivan will take you to today’sfirst destination Keukenhof.After a short ride from Amsterdam to the bulbflower area around Lisse, we start your tour by making a scenic ride in this area. Depending upon the season you see a landscape with colourful bulbflower carpets in almost any colour you can imagine. We try to find a spot where we can stop to make some pictures. Then we continue to the true highlight of this tour, the park Keukenhof. Once a mere kitchen garden filled with vegetables and herbs, the Keukenhof now has the distinction of being the world’s largest flower garden, hosting some 1.000,000 visitors per year. Wander through the 15 kilometres of footpaths and 32 hectares of gardens, where millions of bulbs are planted each year. Tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, and other spring bulbs of a variety of vibrant colours carpet the grounds.
After having spent about 3.5 hours in the gardens continue to the windmill village Zaanse Schans. This outdoor conservation area is situated on the banks of the Zaan River and is home to traditional 18th and 19th century architecture, including several functioning windmills.
Watch live demonstrations of craftsmen at work, including a clog maker crafting the famous wooden shoes of the Netherlands. There will be some free time to explore the village on your own, before traveling through the distinctive polders (land reclaimed from the water) of the Beemster area. Next is the opportunity to see how the world-famous Dutch cheese is made and, of course, to taste it in a close bycheese farm.
Finally, you will stop in the beautiful seaside village of Volendam. This typical fishing village with its bustling harbour has been a major tourist attraction as early as 1875. People come from all over to see the small buildings and houses and take in the locals in their traditional Dutch clothing. This is a great place to pick up souvenirs for those at home or a memento for yourself, and to have photos taken in traditional Dutch costume.
Finally you will return to the city and can look back on a day full of great and typical Dutch highlights.
Inclusions for Rotterdam, Delft And The Hague
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transport by luxurious minivan
- Free WIFI aboard
- Entrance to Keukenhof bulb flower park
Exclusions for Rotterdam, Delft And The Hague
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amsterdam Super Saver: City Walking Tour plus Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip
- Keukenhof Garden Private Transfer with Entrance Tickets
- Private Amsterdam Walking Tour Including Refreshments
- Historic Walking Tour of Amsterdam with Art Historian Guide
- Amsterdam Canal Boat Hop-On Hop-Off Tour with Rijksmuseum Ticket
- Brussels and Antwerp Day Trip from Amsterdam