OverviewDo you want to learn about Rottnest's invovlement in World War II? Hop on a high-speed ferry from Hillarys Boat Harbour to Rottnest Island and enjoy a train ride up to Oliver Hill and be guided on a tour of the tunnel system and 9.2 inch diameter guns that form an integral part of Rottnest's military history.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Family friendly
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your tour guide at 9am at the Rottnest Fast Ferries office in Hillarys Boat Harbour. Head to morning tea, where you can get to know your guide over coffee and cake before boarding opens at 09:40am.
Your ferry departs Hillarys Boat Harbour at 10:00, and will have you at Rottnest Island at 10:45. Upon arrival at Rottnest, there is plenty of time to explore what the island has to offer with the assistance of your guide.
Lunch is at 12:15; relax and enjoy the delicious meal provided by the Rottnest Lodge before your Train & Tunnel Tour commences at 1:30pm. Enjoy the train ride up to Oliver Hill, where you will be guided on a tour inside one of the massive 9.2inch diameter guns that played a key role in defending Perth's coastline and the port of Fremantle, and into the underground tunnels.
After your tour finishes, you will have a short amount of time to go back through the main Settlement and buy any souvenirs before heading back to the main jetty at 4:10pm for your return ferry at 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Rottnest Island Historical Train And Tunnel Tour From Hillarys Boat Harbour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges, including Government Landing Fees
- Morning tea
- Local guide
- Round-trip ferry
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Rottnest Island Historical Train And Tunnel Tour From Hillarys Boat Harbour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved, passengers must be able to climb steps
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Perth Lunch Cruise Including Fremantle Sightseeing Tram Tour
- Private Van Transfer From Perth Airport To Perth CBD Hotel
- Full-Day Nature Tour From Perth
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Perth Airport
- Shoalwater 3-Day Ultimate Kiteboarding Course
- Perth Airport Transfer By Private Chauffeur: Airport To Perth CBD Hotel
- Perth Departure Transfer By Private Chauffeur: Perth City Center To Airport
- Discover Local Scuba Diving In Perth
- Shared Arrival Transfer Service - Perth Airport To Perth City Hotel
- Perth Jetpack Or Flyboard Experience