Rottnest Island Tour From Perth Or Fremantle
OverviewHop on a ferry from Perth or Fremantle to Rottnest Island for a day of exploring the stunning island. Enjoy a 90-minute coach tour of the island. You'll learn from commentary by a knowledgeable guide and make stops at Wadjemup Lighthouse and the West End. In the afternoon enjoy free time to explore the islands beautiful beaches, walking trails, car-free roads and historical sites at your leisure, before catching the ferry back to the mainland.
Know More about this tourYoull have the option to catch the ferry to Rottnest Island in Perth or Fremantle. From Perth, youll cruise down the Swan River to Fremantle. The boat will take on passengers in Fremantle, before continuing on the 25-minute journey to Rottnest Island.
When you arrive at the island, youll be escorted to the bus stop where you board a comfortable coach for your 90-minute island tour.
On the coach, youll be driven around the island while your guide provides commentary about Rottnests cultural heritage, history and wildlife. Stop at Wadjemup Lighthouse and at the West End, where you can stroll along the boardwalk and take in stunning views. Keep your eyes open for the New Zealand fur seal colony at Cathedral Rocks. You might even spot humpback whales from September to November.
Your coach will return you to Thomson Bay after the 90-minute tour and enjoy free time to spend at your leisure until your ferry departs.
With 63 beaches and 20 bays, there are many opportunities for snorkeling, swimming and renting a surfboard or stand up paddleboard (own expense). You can also hire a bike (own expense) and cycle around the car-free roads. Families may want to check out the aqua park or the family fun park. Or learn more about the history of the area at the Rottnest Island Museum, the Salt Store and Exhibition Center, Lomas Cottage or the Pilot Boathouse.
If you have chosen the optional lunch, youll head to Karma Rottnest for a tasty buffet selection of hot dishes, salads, deli items, desserts, and beverages.
In the afternoon youll catch the ferry to return to Fremantle or Perth.
Inclusions for Rottnest Island Tour From Perth Or Fremantle
- Round-trip ferry to Rottnest Island
- 90-minute coach tour
- Local guide
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Rottnest Island Authority fee
- Round-trip Swan River cruise (if departing from Perth)
Exclusions for Rottnest Island Tour From Perth Or Fremantle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional activities (bike, snorkel gear, surfboard or stand up paddleboard hire)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Yanchep National Park, The Pinnacles and Scarborough Beach Day Trip from Perth
- Pinnacles Desert, New Norcia and Wildflowers Day Tour from Perth
- Perth Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Perth Sightseeing Pass
- Rottnest Island Tour from Perth or Fremantle including Wildlife Cruise
- Private Arrival Transfer: Perth Airport to Hotel