Royal Castles Of Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Day Tour From Munich
OverviewKing Ludwig II built two of his dream castles, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof, hidden away in the Bavarian mountains. This trip from Munich shows you both of these extraordinary castles, the legacy of Bavaria's fairy-tale king. Capture the grandeur of these castles and the picturesque mountain scenery of Bavaria in one magical day.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourDeparting Munich, visit the smallest of three royal castles, Linderhof, which was built by King Ludwig II during the 19th century as a hunting lodge. Built in French Rococo style, the castle has a Moorish pavilion which can be visited during your one hour stay. You have the option to join a guided tour of the interior of Linderhof.
After departing Linderhof, you will have a short shopping stop in Oberammergau, world-famous for its woodcarvers, richly painted houses (Luftl-paintings) and Passion Play.
On the approach to Neuschwanstein, it will quickly become clear as to why this magnificent neo-Romanesque style castle is the most well known castle in the world. It appears through the mist like something out of a fairytale, and you will not be surprised to hear that the man who conceived its design - King Ludwig II, was considered quite eccentric. If it all seems very familiar, it may be because the castle was the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
You will stop in Hohenschwangau, a small town at the feet of the castle, where you'll have 4 hours at disposal for lunch and to explore the grounds of Neuschwanstein. You'll also have the option of joining a guided tour of the interior of the castles if you wish.
Inclusions for Royal Castles Of Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Day Tour From Munich
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Royal Castles Of Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Day Tour From Munich
- Entrance fees (approx. EUR 25.00)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please do not pre-purchase entry tickets to the Royal Castle Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. Please pay these fees to your guide so that group entry can be purchased
Please note this tour does not allow time to see the Venus Grotto. If you would like to see the Grotto, please book "Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau Day Tour from Munich " - tour 285015
The coach has a toilet on board
A moderate amount of walking is involved to reach the castles
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Munich Walking Tour: Munich's English Garden and Colorful History and Culture in the City Center
- Munich Half-Day City and English Garden Bike Tour
- Half-Day Third Reich Historical Walking Tour in Munich
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Munich Airport to Munich Central Station
- Private Departure Transfer by Luxury Car to Munich Central Station
- Private Arrival Transfer by Luxury Van from Munich Central Station
- Private Departure Transfer by Luxury Van to Munich Central Station
- Private Arrival Transfer by Luxury Car from Munich Central Station