Meet your guide at 8:30 a.m. and start the tour from the East Gate of the Forbidden city. You will first walk along the beautiful moat, and then get inside the Forbidden City through the South Gate.
Main attractions as below:
- City Wall and East Gate: Walk on the newly opened city wall to overlook the amazing Forbidden City; access to the East Gate to see the exhibition of the building materials of the Forbidden City.
- Wenhua Hall and Wenyuan Pavilion: Former residence of the crown prince and now the porcelain exhibition room; one of the two buildings in the Forbidden City with black roof, dedicated to storing imperial books.
- Three main halls in the outer court: Used by the emperor to work or celebrate important occasions, to treat high ranking officials, or to meet close officials before going to work.
- Ningshou Palace Complex: First built as the living quarter for the abdicated Emperor Qianlong and later taken by Empress Dowager Cixi as a private residence. It is the largest palace complex inside the Forbidden City with a beautiful Nine Dragon Screen, a small but exquisite garden, the largest theatre, as well as some other buildings which are used for exhibiting treasures now.
- Three main halls in the inner palace: They were the living quarters of the Emperor and Empress, as well as for the emperor to handle daily state affairs.
- Cining Palace Complex: It's the residential area of the Empress Dowager and imperial concubines with a beautiful garden. You will access some newly opened houses to see the living and sitting rooms which are opened to tourists for the first time.
After your tour is finished, your guide will send you back to your hotel.